Anyone else like OSP and hate that he hasnt lived up to his potential?

Blitz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
The guy has the physical tools to be a perennial top 5 guy but just never succeeded for some reason

He is big and strong but that's it really. Creative but very little technical ability.

OSP is one of those guys who seems to only rely on his athleticism and wrestling. His striking is so awful. Its like he hasn't trained standup at all.

What physical tools does he have other than length? He's slow and clumsy

OSP is too nice a guy to be a fighter. Yes guys like DC, Fedor, GSP seem nice outwardly but they are killers at heart. OSP is genuine a nice guy. Just my opinion I could be wrong.. i guess you could call it mental. He has physical.

Meh.

He was decent after coming in from Strikeforce but I never saw much potential in him

His camped failed him. The should have brought in better boxing/ striking coaches to train him.

His technique is horribly lacking...

Because of that he isn't confident enough to apply pressure.

He's a football player. You're just looking at his body and making assumptions about skills that he never had much time developing.

OSP is too nice a guy to be a fighter. Yes guys like DC, Fedor, GSP seem nice outwardly but they are killers at heart. OSP is genuine a nice guy. Just my opinion I could be wrong.. i guess you could call it mental. He has physical.
GSP is not a killer at heart. lol

like rumble kinda

Yes. That's why I picked against him tonight, just couldn't trust anymore.

americans are obsessed about "athleticism", that meaning somehow if you are very big and not fat and slow, you should succeed in every sport

thats a very wrong idea

there is some others aspects like skill and talent

Back