Anyone else baffled by Hideo's fight decision?

TGArthur

Square up with yo'self motherf*cker
@Steel
Reaction score
You are fighting a dangerous BJJ master, and you get out of a really bad position and instead of doing what I thought would be a no-brainer to get it back to the feet, he tries to fight back in his guard and get submitted?

Did he have a death wish or just really bad fight IQ.

No, I'm not baffled. It's Tokoro, he goes head first into his opponent's strengths and never backs down. It's why he has had such an entertaining career and why people adore him even though he has a mediocre record.

Going headfirst in someone's strength is a gamble, you stop them at their best game, they break mentally and you win the fight, or you get caught like tokoro did. His game plan worked against Royce but not kron

It's Tokoro, he just kind of goes full steam ahead. He's not really a game plan type of fighter. Probably not a smart decision but if he pulled off the win we'd all be talking about how awesome it was.

I thought the same thing but then realized its actually not surprising considering its Tokoro we are talking about.

Dude always wants to challenge himself. He'll have a career for as long as he wants for that reason. The Japanese love that.

I still think if you have 60 fights and you're fighting a kid with 3 fights and still rudimentary striking you should test that. Imagine how much more equal the grappling would be if Kron was hurt or paniced by the time it hits the ground. Tokoro should have tested that part of Krons game much more IMO.

if you're baffled by this then you dont know Tokoro

It IS Tokoro but he fought smart against Imanari before.

tokoro has two modes retard and the rarer full retard

i havent seen full retard since the takaya fight

Back