Anyone else a Santiago Ponzinibbio fan?

La mano de Dios all the way to contendership!

Fighting dirty is an old Argentine art all the way from Maradona to Marcos Maidana. They somehow make it look cool, that's what I like about them.

I was glad when Maidana double legged and elbowed Floyd and what not.

Those guys grew up in the tough barrios in Argentina. They show these privileged boys like Perry and Gunni what the real tough streets are all about.

Don't forget those privileged folk from Buenos Aires who play rugby aren't adverse to a gouge here and there:

TWP_ECH_140515RUGBY_01.jpg

If I was an ophthalmologist I would be. He'd bring me a bunch of customers.

It was a thing of beauty.

It's not his problem if the rules allow this. You get 2 free eye pokes before the warning. He only used one.

He's too used to extending his fingers out

Fighting dirty is an old Argentine art all the way from Maradona to Marcos Maidana. They somehow make it look cool, that's what I like about them.

I was glad when Maidana double legged and elbowed Floyd and what not.

Those guys grew up in the tough barrios in Argentina. They show these privileged boys like Perry and Gunni what the real tough streets are all about.
so they're scumbags and for that reason you like them

Him getting mauled by Larkin is still too fresh in my head to believe he’s an actual threat to the title

He poked three times actually. But, I gotta give it up to him. He is the best eyepoker in the business. The way he followed up the pokes with punches was a thing of beauty. It is almost as if he practised that combination.

Its a good street fighting tactic bro. You can't do shit if you cant see.

No. My ex-wife is Argentinian.Its enough to root against him trust me.

I like him. He's an old school fighter, a warrior.

He fights for honor and legacy.

“I don’t fight in the UFC for money,” Ponzinibbio said. “I don’t fight in the UFC for big fights. I only fight in the UFC because I have the dream of being number one and being the champion. People don’t understand that I haven’t been home to my home country in ten years. I had no money, I lived on the street. Now I’ve moved to America and I live at the gym and all I do is train.

“I don’t see my family and it’s very difficult. All of them are in Argentina and I just live on my own here. I don’t speak the language that well, the culture is difficult for me. It’s tough brother, but I just get my head down and I work hard because I have my dream. I want to be the champion of the world. Everything I have in the life is just for one reason and that’s to be the champion.

Everyone talks about Till, Usman... But this guy is the real deal. He will derail all your favorite welterweights just like he derailed Mike Perry hype train.

Solid 5 win streak. I would favor him against Woodley too.

PONZINIBBIO_SANTIAGO.png

Meeeee. I love ponzi. But nha he csnt beat woodley and wonderboy though. Rest yes.

Can't say I don't enjoy him fighting so I guess sorta of a fan....but I even got pissed at Jones for being so prolific with the eye pokes...

He has the bad habit of putting his fingers out there. I dont think he does it intentionally but he should be warned/punished more. WTF those bad habits should be corrected in the gym.

He killed 2 beloved sherdog hypetrais so he gets a lot of hate.

On the other hand, the guys comes to bang every single time and calls out a guy nobody wants to fight in Wonderboy. Let him bang.

I dont see him as a contender but he surely is entertaining. And he is the best MMA fighter from my country.

Dude's a killer. I'm a Mike Perry fan as well but damn, dude. That spinning backfist was nasty.

It's fucking disgusting when a good fighter with potential resorts to dirty tactics to get the W. Not only is it bad for the sport, but it puts doubt in everyone's mind with regards to how good he actually is. I generally don't judge people by whatever crazy shit they do outside the octagon, but inside the octagon you'd better fucking fight clean.

Peace out.

Santiago fan here love how he whooped that overrated guy in his last fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back