Anybody else notice...

nated0g43

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
they said the Uriah and Chael were teammates at the end of the show during the preview for the finale?

Was this going into the show? Or did Uriah join up with Chael after the show since he thought he was a legit contender against Anderson?

Either way, it's got to be nice having Chael as a training partner when your TD defense is questionable, and also since he has already fought Anderson twice.

Anybody have any insight on this??

chael probably knew about his questionable wrestling skills and decided that he should teach him some stuff

and he legit thinks that uriah could somehow beat everyone in the top ten

they actually said "team sonnen teammate" as in kelvin's teammate from the show

hmm...makes sense

I will have to rewatch....

Either way, if Chael plans on staying at 205, why not take this guy under his wing???

Saw a video other night it was a cody mackenzie fight blog or something but any ways uriah is training with ronda rousey, and if your curious so is cody lol

Uriah Hall seems to have some skills. TDD questionable...and training with Sonnen will make him a lot better. Hall has speed, striking, good footwork and strength.

Interesting that his 2 losses are two Serra-Longo teammates Weidman and Phillippou.

Hypothetical....

Let's say Hall wins...the UFC isn't going to throw Hall to the wolves. They will give him some fights in which he can most likely win, then start to build him up. In the event he beats his opponents, in 5-6 wins he may be close to a title shot, but that will be 2-3 years from now.

Anderson could be done fighting by the time (if even Hall gets to that point) Hall gets a a shot at the title.

and he legit thinks that uriah could somehow beat everyone in the top ten
Yeah, no way. He has the potential to build up to that. He could probably beat 3 out of the top ten, but once you get to guys like Hendricks, Condit, Ellenberger, or Demian Maia, I think those guys would run through Hall.

Yeah, no way. He has the potential to build up to that. He could probably beat 3 out of the top ten, but once you get to guys like Hendricks, Condit, Ellenberger, or Demian Maia, I think those guys would run through Hall.

Those guys are at WW - 170, Hall fights at MW -185 :icon_lol:

Why is his wrestling questionable?
He's stuffed a ton of takedown attempts. He's been taken down twice, and that was very late in the fight.

im pretty sure him and luke barnett have been training with chael since the show finish filming

Uriah Hall plus more grappling skill is a scary thing for his opponents.

A long shot, but knowing Chael, he might even intend on becoming Uriah's manager.

It's funny. 1st or 2nd episode, Urijah was like "I wished I was on Jones team. I feel like I would learn a lot from him."

Last episode, he basically worshiped Sonnen. Now rumors of him being on Sonnen's team.

Training tdd, wrestling, and grappling is definitely what Urijah Hall needs at this point of his career. Sonnen's camp would be really good for Hall and Urijah could teach striking to them as well.

Thank god they're in other wheight division

Back