Any vegetarian athletes here?

Unless you have some moral/ethical reason to go vegan or vegetarian, there is no reason to drop meat completely.

You can get all the benefits of a vegan/vegetarian diet without the drawbacks by increasing your fruit and vegetable intake and still selectively including healthy animal proteins.

Im sort of a vegetarian. I have no issue with meat i just find myself not consuming it really. I still do eat fish though.

My diet is basically made up of eggs,milk/soy milk, nuts/seeds, oats, bread, fruits and veggies, some sort of fatty fish (sardines,salmon, rainbow trout), cheese, whey

I've been a vegetarian for about 20 years and vegan for the last 7 or so. My main reasons are ethical ones. I've done a lot of training in muay Thai and kickboxing, a little grappling, and lately mainly just some basic weight training for fitness and health.

When I was younger it was hard to find all these fancy meat substitute products, but now they are everywhere. Personally, I consider all the soy meats junk food (as well as any other processed food) and try to consume in moderation.

I would suggest going vegetarian for a while before trying to go full on vegan as it will take a while to transition your eating habits properly. If you're worried about iron, its easy to get enough from vegan sources, especially if you drink almond / soy / cashew / whatever milk with a beg friendly protein powder. My wife is also vegan and our kids (12 & 16) have never had any meat their entire lives.

Some starter cookbooks you nay want to look at are Thug Kitchen and The Veganomicon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back