Any update on Weidman?

Bad gameplan against rockhold, blasted into orbit by a knee from Yoel that would knock out most heavy machinery. I thought his chin was shot when he fought Jacare, then UFC moved him up against Reyes to give Dom a name win over a former champ, which seemed like a reckless and horrible thing to do to Chris. Now with the leg injury, I doubt we see him again, but Frank came back to win the interim belt after his gnarly injury which was much worse than Weidmans, so time will tell.
You think franks knee injury was worse than Weidmans? Dude Chris had serious complications the bone wasn't healing right

Yeah, I actually made a thread on the latest maybe two weeks ago(?). Something about how he's mauling guys in the gym and 100%. He's looking to book a fight. It won't go well for him.

He could have been an IV user, makes the rehydration after the cut much easier.

Same thing that happened to Cain, his bodies shot, he's had multiple knee, neck and back surgeries as well as the surgeries to put plates in his leg.

chris-weidman-neck-surgery-photos.jpg

b3f235a5-26c0-45e6-8398-8c2e55dda3fa_06bb8f76.jpg

DaV6ea6VQAEO5J_.jpg

chris-weidman-secondsurgery-750-750x370.jpg

Same thing that happened to Cain, his bodies shot, he's had multiple knee, neck and back surgeries as well as the surgeries to put plates in his leg.

DaV6ea6VQAEO5J_.jpg

Do you ever wonder why he gassed out against Rockhold a few months after IV’s were banned?

I can't think of another fight like that. Both were around 31 (not old for a MW) and not excessively damaged before the fight, too. Haters of both fighters will say "they never were that good," but that's simply not true if you watched their fights. Both had some weaknesses (especially Rockhold, who was KO'd by TRTBelfort and pounded out by a wrestler in one his earliest fights) but were solid fighters who seemingly should've remained elite at least another 3-4 years.

You can say that Cain took the "elite" out of JDS after two 5-round beatings.. Cain slipped shortly after that as well, though he was just injury-prone in general. But I can't think of a single fight where both guys went downhill in their primes afterwards like that.

They were destined to kill each other off it seems.
Sounds like some fuckin superhero arc or something lol.

I think the ones that actually watched those 2 guys know they were both elite fighters, and anyone that says otherwise are lying or trolling.

I honestly think the Weidman that fought Munoz or Silva would be champ even today.
Lukes weakness was a glaring one and Bisping exposed it with extreme prejudice.

Im gonna have to do some research to see if I can find a pair like these two guys, that's an interesting observation sir.

Bravissimo.

Reactions: mkt
He lost to Jacare after he lost his belt and was on a downhill slide. He did beat Mark Munoz and Maia (both good fighters at the time) before winning his belt, though. It's weird how both he and Rockhold fell apart after their fight. Both lost their chins and never looked the same.
I always thought Weidman was overrated. Got lucky vs Silva, but then again Silva was 38 when he lost the belt at MW to Weidman and we see Weidman might never fight again in the UFC at 38, let alone be the champ like Silva was at 38. Machida was a great win for Chris but we've seen Machida have problem with wrasliners. Also sometimes its better to be lucky than it is to be good, which I think was the case for Chris. 2-5 after losing the belt is closer to what he is than the freak start to get the belt.

DaV6ea6VQAEO5J_.jpg

Weidman looking real wide in that last pic
You can tell he's going to be a thicccc boi when he retires
Dudes naturally huge

I always thought Weidman was overrated. Got lucky vs Silva, but then again Silva was 38 when he lost the belt at MW to Weidman and we see Weidman might never fight again in the UFC at 38, let alone be the champ like Silva was at 38. Machida was a great win for Chris but we've seen Machida have problem with wrasliners. Also sometimes its better to be lucky than it is to be good, which I think was the case for Chris. 2-5 after losing the belt is closer to what he is than the freak start to get the belt.
Nah. Like I said he was undefeated before he got the belt and was beating good fighters convincingly. Silva was past his prime but still good. He didn't go seriously downhill until breaking his leg in the 2nd Weidman fight. And he still managed to give Izzy a good fight years later. Machida was a great win and Weidman didn't have a huge size advantage like Jones or Phil Davis (who should have lost to Machida). Pre-Rockhold Weidman was real and a much better example of what he could do then his downhill slide later.

For what it’s worth Hendricks had the same thing happen when IV’s were banned.
IV rehydration isn’t demonstrably better than oral rehydration. The literature is pretty clear on this. It’s that IVs can mask PED use, meaning fighters had to get more clever.

I hope he doesn’t get badly hurt again.

he should fight luke rockhold next in bare knuckle.
what is the consensus on his sharp decline. the dude looked to be on his way to taking the mw thorne from ando like volk is now and feel off so fast. usada?
I believe you may be onto something. his text results looked crazy.

The last I heard of him he was going to some chiropractors who were making him do a bunch of stuff really early, and he ended up having to get another surgery. I know everyone wanted him to retire but he seemed dead set on coming back. What’s up with him? Is he training yet?
I think he moved away from his gym.

The last I heard of him he was going to some chiropractors who were making him do a bunch of stuff really early, and he ended up having to get another surgery. I know everyone wanted him to retire but he seemed dead set on coming back. What’s up with him? Is he training yet?
I hope he retires.

IV rehydration isn’t demonstrably better than oral rehydration. The literature is pretty clear on this. It’s that IVs can mask PED use, meaning fighters had to get more clever.

I personally know fighters who’ve cut huge amounts of weight and they all swear by the IV being the best

Who else had this, I can't believe I forgot how hard Hendricks dropped off after Usada came in
Soon to be Brother KC after he finishes his suspension they sem to be hiding clumsily

Back