Any tuf haters love this season?

Barge

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First off let me tell you that i am the biggest tuf hater around, only watched the first 2 and the one that bisping won (5?) and tuned in for a few crappy episodes and fights here and there and have not been impressed.

But this season has been awesome and i find myself super excited for the next ep every time.

Anyone else feel the same? I think the biggest improvement is the level of talent in the contestants. Some of these guys will have succesful ufc careers and who knows we may even get title contendors down the road from this season.
The in house drama seems to be toned down and replaced with good fights. Good stuff.

That being said i am not down for next season, no sir.

I've always liked TUF to be fair but after season 5 it started getting a bit old and repetitive.

Season 17 is the best season since the early TUF's, in my opinion.

I've always liked TUF to be fair but after season 5 it started getting a bit old and repetitive.

Season 17 is the best season since the early TUF's, in my opinion.

True thats how i feel, maybe skipping on it for a few years opens my mind to it again tho. I still think its madness they do 2 tufs a year in US alone. Do 1 show every 2 years with a house of good prospects.

Kelvin will definitely be a contender some day

i wouldnt call myself a 'tuf hater' but i have been losing interest since about season 5, after which the quality has declined (with the odd exception, such as season 14). but this one has been excellent. i love the production values, the fighters are actually high calibre and the most important thing....no fake animosity between the coaches has meant the focus is on the fighters and the fights, not the coaches.

overall this is my favourite season in a long time. i just hope the ufc dont go back to the old ways again after this

i wouldnt call myself a 'tuf hater' but i have been losing interest since about season 5, after which the quality has declined (with the odd exception, such as season 14). but this one has been excellent. i love the production values, the fighters are actually high calibre and the most important thing....no fake animosity between the coaches has meant the focus is on the fighters and the fights, not the coaches.

overall this is my favourite season in a long time. i just hope the ufc dont go back to the old ways again after this

I promise you if Tate wins her upcoming fight we're gonna see some coach hate.

I stopped watching half way through season 7, but I must admit, seeing threads about this season, plus the star power of the coaches, makes me want to watch this season.

no just some fights are worth to watch this season ... i can barely watch the talk and living shit in the house ... is too much fluffy hype...just a few fighters are serious contenders... tuf is for people with no life ;)

I promise you if Tate wins her upcoming fight we're gonna see some coach hate.

yeah for sure. i just hope a female TUF is worthwhile with the fighters they get on being a high enough calibre and the show and not just put together to hype the Rousey/Tate fight

yeah for sure. i just hope a female TUF is worthwhile with the fighters they get on being a high enough calibre and the show and not just put together to hype the Rousey/Tate fight

I wonder how many ugly girls will be selected for the show...

13 and 16 were weak, but TUF has been consistently awesome.

14 and 15 are still the best

I've never watched it religiously... I watched every episode of Rashad/Rampage season and Brock/JDS season, also watched the season with live fights (awful fighters), but this one is actually really good. The production is great... there isn't stupid house drama and the fighters are actually skilled and put on good fights.

Not sure I can watch the next one though. Will be very gimmicky and like the Real World.

I stopped watching half way through season 7, but I must admit, seeing threads about this season, plus the star power of the coaches, makes me want to watch this season.

I would actually recommend catching up before the finale to enjoy that fight more

Completely agree. I'm not a TUF hater but after last season I was very close to losing interest because of the low talent level and trumped up drama between the fighters or coaches.

You can tell that it is a completely different production team than previous seasons and actually reminds me of the way that NFL Hard Knock's is done. Better quality fighters, no drunken drama and no fake coach animosity has definitely brought me back into the fold. It'll be great to watch Uriah kick the S out of Samman in the finals!

The improved production value is definitely a big plus, so are the better roster this season.

Otherwise, same old, same old. I was pretty excited in the beginning of this season but like most TUF seasons this one got pretty stale for me. It's not so much about what they're doing wrong as much as it is, I'm just losing interest in this format for a TV show after 17 seasons. :/

I like TUF and I like this season. Really good chemistry all around with some good stories/journeys through the season and excellent fights. I also like single weight seasons.

The final 4 are really compelling.
Uriah: The scary fighter who sort of has confidence issues
Samman: The conniver who can actually fight and finish
Dylan/Kelvin: The two last pick likable underdogs

And then there's Bubba: The coach's friend who is unlikable and gets smashed.

There's also no drunk dumbass this season, which I like. Samman and Bubba are painted as the villains but they're not drunk messes. Bubba's breakdown had actual consequences in his fight with Uriah. It's not like he lost, never fought again, but they dedicated episode time on him because of his house antics.

The only thing i didn't like at all was the first episode. Too much family bullshit when they could have shown more fighting.

Last edited:
Back