Any place to roll in Corning NY?

CorningGrappler

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi, I just moved to Corning, NY from Philly a few months ago for work and I had to give up BJJ.

I was curious if anyone knew of anywhere to roll up here besides in Ithaca? Renee Nazare teaches in Ithaca but his classes are way too early for me to make (5PM and 6PM classes and I don't get out of work until around 6PM). I've had no luck using Google.

Worst case scenario is the Judo club at the local YMCA. Just wanted to see if anyone has been through here before and could shed some light.

Thanks!

Im not sure drive times off the top of my head but I know guys who own schools in Olean and Saratoga Springs. I think Olean is a bit closer to Corning and the guy who runs it is a purple belt under Marcello. Let me know if you want more info.

Vlad Koulikov teaches at Ultimate Sambo in Florida, NY. They teach BJJ and other arts as well.

Thanks for the link. I knew Cornell had one but didn't know their hours were so friendly.

I would say I'm shocked there's not more BJJ in the souther tier of NY state but the winter here was brutal and it was considered a "mild" winter.

Back