Any other hard core fans becoming casuals like me?

Yes and No, I still watch all the cards, but I don't bother with prelims generally. I used to watch every fight of every card.

I knew the top 20 guys in every division and I could rattle off their resume off the top of my head, but that's easier with 5 divisions than with 12. Now I know the top 10ish guys, maybe only the top 5 for divisions I don't care about. Like it's hard to care about who's the #7 HW on any given day.

It's too much of a good thing. There's no time for anticipation to build.

I'd like to see them do monthly cards again, and focus more on the smaller guys. LHW and HW are a wasteland. It might also be a good idea to get back to making titles matter and promoting the champions.

I miss most of the cards and watch replays of fights that interest me. 90% of the time i end up doing other things on a Saturday night. When I do stay in and watch the fights, I'm moderately entertained. Last fight that genuinely made me excited was JBJ-DC II, although I wasn't too hyped about it during the built up.

I think that last ppv I paid for was GSP/Diaz. I have no idea who 3/4 of the fighters are on most cards now. I used to be obsessed with MMA back in the Pride/Randy and Chuck days. Obviously those days are long gone.

I just can't get into anymore, like I use to.

I know this has almost become a cliche thing to say, but these shit cards are often pretty fun. That doesn't make the fights themselves more relevant, but if you like fights, and you have nothing better to do, you might as well watch. The Mick Maynard/Sean Shelby era of matchmaking is actually quite interesting, because they've generally matched even unknown fighters very very well, and have generally gotten the most out of these lesser known fighters. The last card was very bad on paper, but excellent in reality.

The hardcores should thank us casuals for keeping their precious d level sport alive.

Bro if it ain't Conor vs Bork Laser I'm not tuning in

I've been converted into a casual several years back. It seems like a pretty logical effect of having more events. The funny thing is that the talent pool is growing for the most part. I suspect that they're having a hard time scaling up on the matchmaking side. My understanding is that in the Joel Silva era that the guy was either working or sleeping. Probably need to work in teams with more matchmakers owning fewer weight classes.

I'm a softcore fan; I don't like seeing all the penetration.

I didn't say I post every day... I said that was my average. I typically go well over 24 posts per day around fight night & especially the PbP thread. Then some days I don't post at all or just a little bit. Just let me bang bro.

You're letting your personal frustrations out on a stranger. I get it.

I am however financially sound, own my own home, & have a healthy social life outside of Sherdog. My frequency of Sherdog posts is none of your business.

fKGnLwH.gif

you get it? i dont have any personal frustrations, just calling a spade a spade. As for your reporting, go ahead snowflake, i dont care if i lose posting privileges for however long a time, unlike yourself, i just dont care. i own my own home have an awesome life, you forgot 10/10 wife model and shelby cobra in garage.

i just realized youre claiming to report over me telling you to get a job haha holy smokes, we got a triggered one over here.

That's OK, no need to be upset.

Just a small tip, maybe next time you could structure your replies so they are actually relevant to the topic at hand. That way people will be able to properly comprehend and even appreciate your amazing thoughts.

they were, nobody is upset but you here snowflake, well you and your bf that is.

Pretty much stopped reading here ^^^ no fighter starts out elite they fight their way up from under undercard to main card you keep fighting, elites can't fight every weekend my friend it's not football and even they get byes.
Well maybe you should have kept reading...
I said 25 fighters / weight category is plenty. Which it is. The bottom 5-10 will likely be swapped out with new prospects etc. anyway, so it can still stay fresh.
With 8 Male Weight Categories that still leaves 200 potential fighters on the roster.

I realize that "no fighter starts out elite"...that's what the minor leagues/reality shows/etc. are for.

Nah I'll always care about the best fights because I'm a huge combat sports fan. Moreso than Baseball or basketball and all that wimpy shit.

I do not give a flying fuck about OSP and Okami though. Bring on TJ and Garbrandt baby.

Like so many others, WMMA is ruining MMA for me. I love to watch Platinum Perry knock people out, but its becoming harder and harder to invest in the cards when I'll have to wade through WMMA/point fighters and I already know Platinum's going to win and win quickly. I wish I had the option to pay on a 1 fight basis instead of the whole card.

I realize that "no fighter starts out elite"...that's what the minor leagues/reality shows/etc. are for.

And I watch that too when I can, that's what fight fans do...

I'm nominating you for "Wrongest Post" of the year. You packed a lot in there, and you managed to be disgustingly wrong about all of it. The ungodly bitching your kind would do if it was "structurized," with the #1 contender in the ranks being the only guy who could challenge the champion - you'd lose your mind. Not to mention that it practically wouldn't work because of all the injuries. You'd have to wait forever for fights you may not wanna see anyway but "the structure" calls for it. You're the joke. Quit complaining chump
He's right, you're an idiot.

There are too many watered down cards so overall my interest has declined. It's also a bit depressing seeing legends like Shogun trying to stay relevant but mostly looking like crap. Too many divisions have too few interesting fighters, I doubt we will ever see fighters like Wand, BJ, Shogun, Silva and Fedor again, guys I've always been a big fan of (well, not Wand nowadays now that he's batshit crazy). I can't remember the last time I watched the undercard, sometimes there are good fights there but I don't have time to spend that much time on watching MMA a whole day. If the UFC ran less events but stacked them my interest would likely increase. OSP vs Okami? If that fight was on an undercard on a PPV, I wouldn't bother watching. I'm going to watch the event because of Saki and it's not a bad fight card by today's standard it's just that the quality has declined significantly.

Back