Any news or rumors on any type of boxing game for next gen?

KORMAN

DC - Khabib - Dominator
@red
Reaction score
Doesn't even have to be Fight night. Just anything to do with boxing. We all know MMA doesn't translate to a video game control like a boxing or kick boxing game does, and sorry, but I'm not trying to memorize 900 moves, and combiantions off those moves.

If rather have the moves etched into my brain, then master the movements, and counters to my opponents moves, then to fight with my own moves.

there are absolutely no plans for a boxing game from EA, that i am 100% sure about. I too am very saddened by that just as you are. Fight Night was my favourite series of games. I even did some work on fight night round 2.

I'm still waiting to. It was a sad day when i discoverd i could not play fight night anymore because i switched to ps4! A sad day indeed

ohh god i hope sony makes a PS VR boxing game.

duck and weave mofos and slip that jab!!!

Would love a new boxing game. Been loving them since punch out was first released lol. Fight night has been great every installment, and hope someone makes one eventually.

I'm still waiting to. It was a sad day when i discoverd i could not play fight night anymore because i switched to ps4! A sad day indeed

Its not even backwards compatible for the xb1. Such bullshit.

ohh god i hope sony makes a PS VR boxing game.

duck and weave mofos and slip that jab!!!
There are some real tech demo feeling ones for the vive, with Thrill of the fight being the best for now, but it wouldn't work well with the PSVR. Once you slip and pivot to the side it'd start bitching about losing track of the helmet.
And even if you just stood facing the tv chances are blocking etc you'd obscure tracking points on the HMD and make yourself sick.

I think the 2k franchise should a boxing game, then EA will have to release Fight Night Legends.

I think the 2k franchise should a boxing game, then EA will have to release Fight Night Legends.

Omg, yes. If 2k can dominate b-ball, and overtake EA, you'd think they'd have tried for boxing as well, besides that garbage don king game they made. I believe that was 2k made.

What's fight night legends? Is that a rumored new fight night game that's not coming out for a long ass time or soemthing? I love that title lol.

The Fight Night series is awesome. I'm glad that I hung on to my 360. It's bullshit that there isn't a boxing game on this gen of consoles.

This Gen has dropped the ball with sports gaming in general imo. I wouldn't mind seeing a new Tennis game either. There also isn't even a AAA baseball game for the XB1. I miss the silly sports games like NHL Hitz, MLB Hitz, and the Street games were always fun too. There also isn't any niche sports games either like Volleyball or a Olympic sports type game.

I have read rumors, but nothing within the last year.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/71439/20150129/fight-night-champion-2-ps4-xbox-one.htm

Good news for boxing game fans as EA Sports is working on the new Fight Night game tentatively called "Fight Night Champion 2", if the reports and rumors are to be believed.

When EA Sports UFC was in development, EA Sports has admitted that they put the Fight Night franchise on hold to work on the game.

"Do I see a future for Fight Night? You know, sure. But right now, UFC is where our fighting focus is," as was told by EA Sports Head, Andrew Wilson, to IGN.

And now, EA Sports have confirmed that the last update for EA Sports is going to be the last major update for the game and they would now shift their focus on the future.

"EA SPORTS UFC's seventh content update is all about the fighters and includes four new additions to the roster in the form of newcomers and title-contenders alike. This will mark the last major update for the game as we'll now begin shifting focus towards the future." as was written on their official website.

Cyberland reported that EA Sports is now allegedly developing the Fight Night Champion 2 game for the PS4 and Xbox One using the IGNITE engine that was used on EA Sports UFC.

No further details has been reported but Cyberland speculates that with the two year development time needed for EA Sports UFC, fans can expect a lates 2016 or 2017 release date for Fight Night Champion 2."[/quote}

I know it's an old thread but EA needs to make a new fight night, they're great at making them but suck at making mma games, EA MMA & EA UFC were average games, EA UFC 2 sucked big time.

Fight night round's and champion have all been amazing games.

I also miss fight night. At the very least they shoild make it compatible on the xbone.

Ea ufc is decent. But fight night 4 and champion were awesome

Shit, I wouldn't mind a new Victorious Boxers game for the PS4 and Xbox One.

Even though this game wouldn't satisfy my fight night needs I'm the slightest, it looks fun as hell, and an innovative idea.

If you really think about it though, it's still a fps game. You just gotta replace guns and bullets with those boxing gloves.

With the evolution of the video game industry, it seems like many genres disappear or take a looong time to be thought about.

Still no boxing game on PS4/Xbone, no tennis game, no olympics game, no skateboard game and probably others.

Back