Any news on Bellator HW title?

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
They cut Minakov.

Are they doing a "tournament" to crown a new champ?

a quick 4 men torunament would be good I guess.

with
Sergei Kharitonov (23-5)
Cheick Kongo (24-10-2)

Bobby Lashley (14-2)
Matt Mitrione (9-5)

who would win?
(Sergei right?)

Edit : yeah, wrong forum i know sorry guys...

Last edited:
Minakov is still under Bellator contract. they just stripped him from his title.

my guess would be that Lashley will fight for the title next but a HW tourney would be great.

YOU MONSTER!!! :(((
Contaminating our pristine UFC forum with this Bellator filth
(Just kidding,love you Sunny)

Kharitonov is the youngest out of those four and hes 35... Kimbo for champ

Minakov isn't cut and according to a russian poster on the worldwide forum, Minakov has said he plans to fight in Bellator after his next fight. He said in the interview they stripped him because he wouldn't back out of his Russian fight this June. The whole saga has been weird though at this point so we will just have to see what happens.

Kimbo Vs Dada 2:

article-1359344-0CD7D4A0000005DC-567_468x286.jpg

Kharitonov is the youngest out of those four and hes 35... Kimbo for champ

35 at heavyweight is like 30 at lighter weight classes. JDS, Stipe, and Cain are the only three under 35 in the UFC top 10 for heavyweights and Stipe and Cain will both turn 34 in the next couple of months.

Wonder how much Dada has to cut to make 265?

I've got no respect for what Minakov is doing. If it weren't for Coker no one would know who he is and Coker has put a lot of time and money into promoting him as the champ. The least he could do is respect the title. Hell, the bare minimum would be to just accept a fight in Bellator but he won't even do that. Really shows you what his priorities are.

I've got no respect for what Minakov is doing. If it weren't for Coker no one would know who he is and Coker has put a lot of time and money into promoting him as the champ. The least he could do is respect the title. Hell, the bare minimum would be to just accept a fight in Bellator but he won't even do that. Really shows you what his priorities are.
Minakov has never even fought for scott coker

Minakov has never even fought for scott coker

This; for as much as it hurt 2015/2016; his absence has set up a lot of more developed matchups moving forward (if he returns). I was hoping the same would happen during Jon Jones absence but he returned to basically the same group as before.

A tournament would be stupid imo, just crown a champ and move on with the div.

Right now you could throw Lashley in with Kongo, Johnson or Sergei and it would be a good title fight.

Then you build guys like Sakai, Meathead, and whichever two of the Kongo, Johnson, Sergei doesnt get the title shot.

Why throw 4 or 8 guys in a tournament only to knock all but one of them off.

You have fresh fighters and fights, dont start knocking them off in a tournament.

Just announce a title fight for July or Aug and go from there. Lashley has to be in it, capitalize on his name now, its now or never for him. He's not getting any younger. If he wins it you might be able to turn that into something big, if he loses you get one title fight out of him and you move on with Meathead and Sergei etc.

If Minakov comes back, I'll be super pleased. For fuck sake, don't let the title go to Lashley, Kongo, Johnson or King Mo.

Big Bobby for sure.

Just gift it to him for mega-heat.

Back