Any good places to train BJJ in the Bahamas ?

NoFrag

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going on vacation there soon for 2 weeks and I was thinking bringing my gi and my rashguard with me and get a few rolling sessions going after sunbathing. Any1 lives or has been there got places to recommend ?

I was going to suggest looking up D'Arcy Rahming-- he's the head coach of the Bahamas Judo Team.... and then I found this via Google:

All-Star Family Karate & Ju-jutsu, Nassau, Bahamas
Dai-Shihan D'Arcy Rahming

Looks like his school may touch on jiujitsu, too. Can't go wrong with a judo class on vaca, though. As long as you're in a different setting may as well be a little adventurous.

Another suggestion- contact Rhadi Ferguson. He had a very close rel. w/ the Bahamas Judo Team... really changed around their training methods & got great results. If there's jits worth checking out, he'd know.

Both Rhadi & D'Arcy can be PM'd via the judoforum.
(Mr.D'Arcy is the OP here: Bahamas Judoka wins country's first World Match at YOG - JudoForum.com)

Good luck. When I was there in '07 I bussed by a school every day on the way to town. Never could reach them by phone, though.
It was on the main road that followed the ocean... ( a lot of help, I know) but if on a tour you hear "that is Bob Marley's house where his wife still lives" --that's the main road I'm talking about. The dojo is on the opposite side of the street from the Marley joint. (see what I did there?)

Have a good vaca & let us know how you made out.

Last edited:
I was going to suggest looking up D'Arcy Rahming-- he's the head coach of the Bahamas Judo Team.... and then I found this via Google:

All-Star Family Karate & Ju-jutsu, Nassau, Bahamas
Dai-Shihan D'Arcy Rahming

Looks like his school may touch on jiujitsu, too. Can't go wrong with a judo class on vaca, though. As long as you're in a different setting may as well be a little adventurous.

Another suggestion- contact Rhadi Ferguson. He had a very close rel. w/ the Bahamas Judo Team... really changed around their training methods & got great results. If there's jits worth checking out, he'd know.

Both Rhadi & D'Arcy can be PM'd via the judoforum.
(Mr.D'Arcy is the OP here: Bahamas Judoka wins country's first World Match at YOG - JudoForum.com)

Good luck. When I was there in '07 I bussed by a school every day on the way to town. Never could reach them by phone, though.
It was on the main road that followed the ocean... ( a lot of help, I know) but if on a tour you hear "that is Bob Marley's house where his wife still lives" --that's the main road I'm talking about. The dojo is on the opposite side of the street from the Marley joint. (see what I did there?)

Have a good vaca & let us know how you made out.

That was a ridiculously well informed answer.

I'm going on vacation there soon for 2 weeks and I was thinking bringing my gi and my rashguard with me and get a few rolling sessions going after sunbathing. Any1 lives or has been there got places to recommend ?

https://www.facebook.com/fightsportsbjj/

Combat sports community in the Bahamas is very small, only one legit BJJ group so far - but Fight Sports will have an affiliate open by October 2017 (Fight Sports Bahamas)! For the moment the group has intro & fundamentals classes in Club One Fitness center.

Back