Any Good MP3 and Podcast Players Besides Zune or Smartphones?

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something to play podcasts and my music, that ISN'T a smartphone/tablet/etc. Does such a thing exist anymore?

iPod Shuffle to be discontinued. iPod Touch.

I was going to go non-iPod, but I read the reviews of the cheap alternatives saying they break easily.

I got my 9y/o son a SanDisk Clip Jam. Small, super cheap and you can just drag and drop mp3's from your computer.

It's only got about 8gb of space (which is plenty for him) so you might want to get one of the better spec models SanDisk do...they're all pretty cheap compared to iPods and the like. I think I only paid about £25 (about $32) for the Clip Jam.

Also worth noting he's had it a couple of years now and it's still going strong despite being dropped and knocked about numerous times.

I have a Pono player, as well as a Rocoo P. both can take huge sdxc cards. The Pono player has built in 64 gigs plus comes with a 64 gig sdxc card. The Rocoo P has a built in headphone amp, only has 16 gigs built in memory though i think (it's a small player). The Pono player can play all lossless hd formats from wav and flac to 192,000 khz 24 bit hd audio tracks.
Creative Labs also has made good players.

Back