Any footage of an internal martial artist hitting another man?

Thanks for the video!!

Do you think a boxing punch is the hardest punch? The technique in tai chi is more advanced but I dont think the end result is more power because he doesn't use his leg to get power for starts and the rotation seems sub par like a boxer is sitting down on his punches getting in effective body posture for leverage, weight transfer from foot to foot , its all a bit primitive by comparison but boy we westerners did well with less higher brained ideas, he even said he thought boxers hit harder

In all fairness, boxing techniques used today are pretty new. Look at boxing videos from like a hundred years ago on YouTube. The technique was crap.

Yes Tai Chi has not evolved, since its not a sport, good point

Tai Chi does have a competitive aspect to it, called Push Hands where you use your superior balance and manipulation to make the other guy lose his balance.

Problem is, Kung Fu was outlawed by Mao and had a near complete reset. We've lost most of it, even within the styles that exist today. As a result, Tai Chi and other Kung Fu styles have devolved to a point where it may never recover.

Tai Chi does have a competitive aspect to it, called Push Hands where you use your superior balance and manipulation to make the other guy lose his balance.

Problem is, Kung Fu was outlawed by Mao and had a near complete reset. We've lost most of it, even within the styles that exist today. As a result, Tai Chi and other Kung Fu styles have devolved to a point where it may never recover.

I doubt whatever was available before would have been any better as is the case nearly all traditional martial arts, they nearly all suck. Thats not 100% certain but just based on other traditional arts like nearly everyone of them , they all suck donkey balls

In all fairness, boxing techniques used today are pretty new. Look at boxing videos from like a hundred years ago on YouTube. The technique was crap.
I wouldn't exactly say it was crap, they did have good principles on posture, distance, and range; Something I feel is lacking today actually. They also did alot more body work than headwork due to hand breakage with the smaller gloves.

Too deadly for teh streetz, too deadly for teh UFC

Imagine the destruction with an army full of these guys. Straight up Fist of the North Star territory here.

Too deadly for teh streetz, too deadly for teh UFC

Imagine the destruction with an army full of these guys. Straight up Fist of the North Star territory here.
Definition of "slow and painful death" right there.

I doubt whatever was available before would have been any better as is the case nearly all traditional martial arts, they nearly all suck. Thats not 100% certain but just based on other traditional arts like nearly everyone of them , they all suck donkey balls

That's not quite true, many surviving traditional grappling-based styles work wonderfully and and dangerous as hell. Decent striking styles are more difficult to come by, but there is more than one existing Kung Fu style that works surprisingly well in that department. Choi Le Fut is a style used by the criminals because it resembles modern boxing somewhat, although it is more crude it does utilize some tricky angles and brawling-type boxing haymakers. Also San Shou is legit, it has it's own strikes and it intercepts strikes with throws, that's what it's made for and it works amazingly.

Muay Boran (unsporterized Muay Thai) and the nearby countries' versions of it is/are also possibly the oldest striking disciplines and also happen to be effective.

Most of the crap TMA's you see are recently invented or were wiped out and forgotten due to laws. A lot of the old styles were tested and used on the battlefield, so there's no way that they were just as ineffective as they would be later having been wiped-out and rebuilt by those who didn't have the the knowledge from experience and didn't need them to work to survive. There's 0 percent chance of that being the case.

But I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Last edited:
That's not quite true, many surviving traditional grappling-based styles work wonderfully and and dangerous as hell. Decent striking styles are more difficult to come by, but there is more than one existing Kung Fu style that works surprisingly well in that department. Choi Le Fut is a style used by the criminals because it resembles modern boxing somewhat, although it is more crude it does utilize some tricky angles and brawling-type boxing haymakers. Also San Shou is legit, it has it's own strikes and it intercepts strikes with throws, that's what it's made for and it works amazingly.

Muay Boran (unsporterized Muay Thai) and the nearby countries' versions of it is/are also possibly the oldest striking disciplines and also happen to be effective.

Most of the crap TMA's you see are recently invented or were wiped out and forgotten due to laws. A lot of the old styles were tested and used on the battlefield, so there's no way that they were just as ineffective as they would be later having been wiped-out and rebuilt by those who didn't have the the knowledge from experience and didn't need them to work to survive. There's 0 percent chance of that being the case.

someone needs to tell the homie that 2009 called ;)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

I respect you answer and which to debate not in a hostile way but in a way where we can narrow down the truth.

Grappling styles, you say many TMA grappling styles work well, do they? Traditional Jujitsu, sumo, aikido, Hapikido, other primitive eastern wrestling styles, im pretty sure they either all suck donkey balls compared to modern approaches or they are at best mediocre ie works vs an untrained opponent e.g. traditional jujitsu but doesn't fair so well vs its modern counterparts e.g. BJJ catch wrestling? Unless you are counting western wrestling as traditional etc in which case it does work well very well.

So one Kung Fu style out of loads works in a mediocre way not as good as boxing. I would say thats mid level like traditional jujitsu not good, not bad.

San Shou is that not a modern style? modified Judo throws, modern boxing, modified evolved kicks? Pretty sure its modern not traditional and yes effective

Muay Boran is not as effective as its more modern muay thai and I believe it was designed during war time I do not buy into this idea that if it is made in war time it has to be effective, and it later gets trashed, can you give me some evidence to prove this idea? I think modern peacetime creates more effective arts than any war time in history. Muay Boran is full of impractical ideas that a modern thai fighter would exploit severely, silly stances, silly flying moves silly climbing on their body moves alot of muay boran can be used in the ring and it isnt because it doesn't work very well not because it doesn't fit in with the rules.

You say the arts were lost, and rebuilt I say whats the evidence for this? How do we know? I think its a flawed idea, I think as time goes by things get better, and earlier in time they sucked more, I think war was more about weapons and tactics, I think because people were isolated from people more that ideas were very limited as were fighting styles, I think the silly ineffective ideas were always there and have remained. You can see it in traditional arts that have not been rebuilt. I mean how much of a reshuffle did they make to the traditional arts? Did Kung Fu not have the weak ineffective strikes and the silly super low stances? Did Karate not have silly spin kicks and axe kicks, did TKD not prioritize low percentage impractical kicks even though it was a more complete style, did muay boran not teach silly jumping moves and climbing moves?

Lets face it just because warfare was more hands on back then doesn't mean they fought better and had refined styles that worked, they were still doing dumb ineffective stuff as were their war time enemies.

Even swordsman ship is better in modern times than it was when everyone fought with a sword, during real war, and thats what really needed to be refined not hand to hand. A Samurai with vast experience killing is no match for a modern fencer thats never killed in his life. The Samerai is just not ready for non telegraphic straight lined rapid lunging blow with the lead hand etc he is ready for another unscientific swordsman

Do you think its possible that traditional martial artists just made up some kind of unsupported ego defense to justify the fact that TMA suck donkey balls?

Last edited:
someone needs to tell the homie that 2009 called ;)
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

You think pointing out the minority PROVES your point? I think it disproves it. I also think no Karate man other than heavily modified modern Kyokushin kickboxer (modified with muay thai and boxing) would make it in the world of Muay Thai, MMA has a low talent base as does western kickboxing so alot of ineffective stuff can still work

You think pointing out the minority PROVES your point? I think it disproves it. I also think no Karate man other than heavily modified modern Kyokushin kickboxer (modified with muay thai and boxing) would make it in the world of Muay Thai, MMA has a low talent base as does western kickboxing so alot of ineffective stuff can still work
I think as long as there is a guy in a style that can be YOUR ass, then you should show respect.

sorry bro but when there are world champions making alot of money with their style, it isnt bullshido.

it is, MMA is just a low talent pool for striking, you can get ineffective stuff to work due to their lack of striking skill, and yes they can make lots of money from that

it is, MMA is just a low talent pool for striking, you can get ineffective stuff to work due to their lack of striking skill, and yes they can make lots of money from that
mma striking is the best striking in the world when it comes to fighting people who can grapple you.

you said pure striking. an open rule set that allows grappling and striking is the most realistic form of combat we have now.

Both are true I corrected the pure word and changed it to high level, again because MMA's are a jack of all trades they tend to be a bit sloppy at everything (compared to the purists, unless they are a converted purist) , yes MMA striking is some of the most realistic real world striking, but it is also, as a whole, some very low level amateurish striking too

Back