Any decent internal Kung Fu masters around?

Are there any decent sifu/masters in internal Kung Fu?

Through yoga, I tried some Qi Gong and really enjoyed it. Would love to know if there are any legit Kung Fu masters who specialize in an internal style?
I know people who really believe in all that stuff, if they really exist, they must really keep a low profile. I wouldn't doubt it at all really but they obviously aren't the type to advertise.

I have done Qi Gong. It is very unique in the fact you always gett to start on top.

5f24102b-e507-4295-b532-ec1e9346d4ce_text.gif

It worked great last time.

Do you mean internal chinese styles like Bagua, Tai chi, and Xing Yi?
I dont know much about them and am not able to provide any info sorry.

I have always wanted to learn Ba gua for the circle walking and joint locks.

I know people who really believe in all that stuff, if they really exist, they must really keep a low profile. I wouldn't doubt it at all really but they obviously aren't the type to advertise.

That would be logical. I mean if they had those crazy abilities, then their lives would be interrupted by government wanting to experiment on them or being pestered by people left and right. That and for them to really do exist, their lives must be quite and mundane so they can train all day to maintain their abilities.

If one of them did advertise and was truly legit, they probably be too busy basking in their new found fame and they might lose the time needed to develop or even maintain their abilities.

My feeling is that, for these abilities to exist, these people have to live an insanely disciplined life.

Mr. Miyagi training was more similar to Kung Fu and Cobra Kai was like Taekwondo which we found out that it was Tang Soo Do which is the parent style of Taekwondo.

Do you mean internal chinese styles like Bagua, Tai chi, and Xing Yi?
I dont know much about them and am not able to provide any info sorry.

I have always wanted to learn Ba gua for the circle walking and joint locks.

For me, I truly believe that they are amazing martial arts not for fighting but for restorative purposes. Like if you are just doing hard training, this type of stuff is great to practice while on a recovery day.

I've taught old people tai chi push hands, but kickboxing and bjj are where I go to actually spar.

I dropped in at a gym in Gardena way back in the day that was teaching Xing Yi applied for an mma ruleset with BJJ on the side. You can do all the internal work you want but when you need to do it in an actual fight eventually it all looks like kickboxing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back