• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Any Canadians Carry an Extendable Baton

it is a crime under section 90 of the Criminal Code of Canada to carry any weapon, including a baton, in a concealed fashion. You can own it. I you carry it must be visible. If you use it in self defence and you carried it concealed you will be charged.

extreme example. You can have a katana at the waist ban but you cannot conceal your baton

It's legal to own one here but ILLEGAL to carry as it's considered a concealed weapon. But I know a few guys that still choose to carry because of the areas they have to commute through.

A friend of mine who manages a discount store in a relatively shit part of town basically carries one because he's had one too many tweekers pull a syringe on him. He says he'd rather anwer to the police about the baton than take a syringe in the arm.

Yeah, i hear you. Vancouver is whack in some spots, but its better than Winnipeg

it is a crime under section 90 of the Criminal Code of Canada to carry any weapon, including a baton, in a concealed fashion. You can own it. I you carry it must be visible. If you use it in self defence and you carried it concealed you will be charged.

extreme example. You can have a katana at the waist ban but you cannot conceal your baton

Rusty Shackleford? If not, disregard.

I still think a knife is still much easier to carry in Canada than a baton, because you've still got that "it's just a tool" legal defense. Or, even carry a "tactical" flashlight with a strike bezel.

Back