Any BJJ schools in Costa Rica?

Col. Angus

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I did a search, but all I could find was a school with an affiilation to Ryan Gracie. Sent them an e-mail, but no response. Anyone know of any others?

Thanks.

I know there should be. I met a purlpe belt that had a school there.

Hmm theres a guy where I train that opened a school in Costa Rica. I'll try and ask him for you. It's a GB affiliate I believe.

If you wouldn't mind asking, that would be awesome! Thanks!

I'm trying to move down to CR w/in the next year, and hope to be able to continue training down there.

My cousin trains under the ryan gracie rep in - a brazilian blackbelt named mauro sergio. Im actually wearing their schools tank top right now. Ill get him to PM you details.

aircal said:
My cousin trains under the ryan gracie rep in - a brazilian blackbelt named mauro sergio. Im actually wearing their schools tank top right now. Ill get him to PM you details.

Cool - Thanks, man!

I train at Mauro Sergio's school when I am in Costa Rica. Not sure what e-mail address you are trying to contact, but I still get newsletter e-mails from [email protected] (the person attending that e-mail address is a girl named Andrea, and she does speak English).

The school is at the Corobici Gym in Sabana Norte; classes (as of a few weeks ago) are 1-3pm in the daytime and 7:30-9:30 in the night time.

akqjt, thanks for the info.!! I sent an e-mail to Andrea.

Pura vida.

Bit Late :)

But If you guys are going to be visiting the Guanacaste area and want to train some Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Tamarindo...

Check out our jiu jitsu academy in Costa Rica!

We are a non profit that caters to helping at risk youth in the area that live in Poverty, orphans, homeless kids, and kids with really tough home situations...

https://www.bjjincostarica.com/

https://www.facebook.com/HeroacademyCR/

Looking forward to getting some rolls in with you guys and gals!

Pura Vida!

Back