Any average fighter can become champ w persistence and luck

Squall10

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is the statement by certain herp derp Bisping haters. Seriously, these morons really believe his abilities are average and available to any entry level fighter.

Persistence and luck. Dumbest fucking thing I've heard in my life. Most elite fighters are merely average in one category or another. But at some point their unique characteristics set them apart from average fighters. Bisping has more than set himself apart merely by being ranked in the top ten after a decade of fighting. The only average fighter with close to 20 wins is Jim Miller.

Bisping has 20 against significantly better competition in a more stacked and dangerous division.

Bisping is downright excellent in a lot of areas it is time to start acknowledging it, or pay a price for underestimating him.

Id still like to see Bisping vs. Shogun at 195 someday

You claim Miller is average? Wow. Bisping became champ due to Luke's own arrogance.

It is undeniable that luck definitely plays a role. Getting the title shot is always the hardest part... look at Tony Ferguson, 10+ winning streak, tons of finishes and is yet to get a shot. Meanwhile, someone like Eddie Alvarez got a title shot after 2 lackluster split decisions, due to a lucky moment where all top contenders were either booked or injured.

any average man can become rich with persistence and luck.

Bisping is an underdog to a 4 yr retired welterweight.

This narrative is partially true. That's how this happened:

gspserra2.gif

Anyone denying that Bisping is definitely above average is a fool. It's telling that a good chunk of his losses came at the hands of guys whom we now know were juicing when he lost to them.

You claim Miller is average? Wow. Bisping became champ due to Luke's own arrogance.
I said Miller is closest fighter to being average. Last 6 wins for Miller: Gomi, Lauzon, Alves, Medeiros, and Camoes. Not horribly impressive except for Alves who wasn't in his proper weight class. And Medeiros is a good win. Miller has had a great career, but hasn't been top ten in ages.

The only average fighter with close to 20 wins is Jim Miller.

Bisping has 20 against significantly better competition in a more stacked and dangerous division.
Are you implying MW is a more stacked and dangerous division than LW?

If so, then you're wrong.

I don't think Bisping (Or Jim Miller) are average. But Bisping was kind of lucky that he beat Rockhold. The truth of it is, Rockhold is the better fighter and he took Bisping lightly.

I hated bisping since he was on TUF. My hate is from the start. I didn't just start hating since he been champ.

I said Miller is closest fighter to being average. Last 6 wins for Miller: Gomi, Lauzon, Alves, Medeiros, and Camoes. Not horribly impressive except for Alves who wasn't in his proper weight class. And Medeiros is a good win. Miller has had a great career, but hasn't been top ten in ages.
Miller was fighting guys like Gleison Tibau, Matt Wiman, Melvin Guillard, Charles Oliveria Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz when Bisping was fighting Elvis Sinosic, Charles McCarthy, Dan Miller and Jorge Riveria.

With persistance and luck I can score a date with Blake Lively.

He won against (not beat) Anderson Silva, because Herb Dean had a brain fart. Bisping was KO'd. How a guy can win a fighter after getting KO'd is beyond me. Then He beats a Rockhold who was deluded into thinking he was too talented to respect his opponents. Fair play to Bisping, because Rockhold is not that good to sleep on his opponents. LOL

Bisping is not a champ by exceptional talent and ability, he is a champ by circumstance. How the hell you are going to become a champ at the tail end of your career, and act like it wasn't the perfect storm of serendipity working in your favor?

If Bisping was that good, he would have been a champ in his prime.

This is the statement by certain herp derp Bisping haters. Seriously, these morons really believe his abilities are average and available to any entry level fighter.

Persistence and luck. Dumbest fucking thing I've heard in my life. Most elite fighters are merely average in one category or another. But at some point their unique characteristics set them apart from average fighters. Bisping has more than set himself apart merely by being ranked in the top ten after a decade of fighting. The only average fighter with close to 20 wins is Jim Miller.

Bisping is downright excellent in a lot of areas it is time to start acknowledging it, or pay a price for underestimating him.

it is true an average fighter can become chance with persistance and luck, if teh stars align.

THAT is exactly why champions need to defend against contenders and why greatness is often measured by the number of title defenses.
that's also why paper champs (who often come from the british isles) refuse to defend or try to pick their contenders.

o

OKRbDBG5L1uxYk73lXVxSAluObUBOVW-p768ORcYLWkAARbaiIYT_SJbIePIUmBFqg3WY5z2l23qTKNkBfp33mgha3opysTR-GGVOZY=w500-h279-nc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back