Media Antonio Plazibat: “I’m fighting Rico in March” ~ Podcast

Who wins?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dennis Kornman, the producer of UFC on Eurosport NL and host of Dutch kickboxing/MMA podcasts ‘Vechtersbazen’ and ‘De Gouden Kooi’ (together with Gilbert Yvel and Big Marcel Dorff) invited Antonio Plazibat for the latest edition of ‘Vechtersbazen’ earlier this week.

Very fun episode where Plazibat is open about a lot of topics.
The Croatian heavyweight is in studio and talks about his big KO win against Raul Cătinaș, how he plans to beat Rico Verhoeven and much more: from dealing with bullies and doping to what it's like to be away from his son for months when he’s in training camp in the Netherlands.
He also says Glory promised him the title fight.

Podcast is in English btw… Enjoy!

Youtube:

Spotify:

I think Plazibat can win if he can drag Rico into a slugfest, but if Rico keeps things tight then I see him winning by decision or a late round KO

I think the Rico era has been pretty cool. Rivalries with Ghita, Benny, Jamal, and Badr were all fun. Not every era is going to be full of giant one night tournaments unfortunately.

I think Plazibat can win if he can drag Rico into a slugfest, but if Rico keeps things tight then I see him winning by decision or a late round KO
Yup, although I think this has been true with most of his opponents. Somehow he's managed to find a way even when he's been in serious trouble.

Plazibat opens himself as a flower when he attacks and Rico is very technical.
Rico R4 tko

Very nice interview with Plazibat and JBS.
Videoland is doing a better job promoting the events and fighters then Glory does

Skillwise, I think Rico is better and more refined than Plazibat, but I'd like to see the latter win to see how it changes the playing field. Brutal KO win by Plazibat for a "Glorious" upset.

I feel like Rico should've had a doctor stoppage against Ben Saddik due to how bad his grotesque open wound on his face was. Like really, Glory negligently dragged that fight on in order to protect the image of their greatest asset (and to save their own butts IMO). They really didn't want Rico to lose. Glory needs a kick in the nuts with a major upset taking place.

Timmers said this to appease them, Plazibat and Rico will not meet in March. It's too early. It is not even certain that Glory will host an event in March. I only see them in the summer at a stadium.

Plazibat is really getting after Rico<45><45>

No that's ridiculous, he's still in his physical prime. His dedication to the sport is the more prescient question. Plazibat isn't a fighter you can fight with one foot out of the door.
Indeed. Rico shouldn’t take Plazibat lightly though…
Some speculate his dedication will suffer from this whole movie/celebrity live he’s having as of late. Personally I don’t think that’s the case with Rico since he’s one of the most hard-working guys out there, but time will tell I guess

Back