Anthony Yarde vs. Ryan Ford For Vacant WBO Regional TitleThe

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Dynamite punching Light-Heavyweight talent Anthony Yarde will face undefeated Canadian Ryan Ford for the Vacant WBO Inter-Continental strap at London's Copper Box Arena on September 16th, live on BT Sport and BoxNation.

The match-up doubles up as an Official Final Eliminator for the Commonwealth Title as powerhouse Yarde aims to make it three belts in three fights at the East End venue.

Undefeated Yarde (12-0, 11 KO’s) claimed the Southern Arena title by defeating Chris Hobbs in May and added the WBO European strap in July with a first round demolition of Hungarian Richard Baranyi, along with a number eight spot in the organisation's World rankings.

anthony-yarde_2.jpg

Ryan ‘The Real Deal’ Ford is unbeaten in 12 fights, with seven of his wins coming inside the distance. The Edmonton resident is determined to inflict a first career defeat on rising star Yarde.

Anthony Yarde - what a fucking joke that guy is. Absolute garbage.

Decent fight for him. Way better than going in with Ricky Summers anyway.

Fords working against the clock, he transitioned from MMA to boxing already in his 30s. So while Fords boxing skills and ring craft get better, he's still getting older and already is outside of his athletic prime. Ford is a decade older at 35 than the 25 year old Yarde.

Haven't seen much of Yarde, but is he really any better than Robert Berridge or Manus Boonjumnong?

Yarde is not taking any shortcuts, nice to see someone actually stepping up and fighting to move himself up the rankings

Does anyone know i can block the spammers posts?

I'm familiar with Ford from his MMA career, he hits hard, but I imagine that this is a big step up for him in the boxing world. I hope his visa to the UK doesn't fall through, as he has some very serious violent crimes in his past in Canada.

I'm familiar with Ford from his MMA career, he hits hard, but I imagine that this is a big step up for him in the boxing world. I hope his visa to the UK doesn't fall through, as he has some very serious violent crimes in his past in Canada.
Tyson got in to fight Julius Francis so I can't see the visa being a problem. Rape is not exactly a great thing to have on your criminal record.

Tyson got in to fight Julius Francis so I can't see the visa being a problem. Rape is not exactly a great thing to have on your criminal record.
The comment before about Ford is because he was never allowed to fight in US soil. He entered a house to steal in the middle of the night with some other crooks and cut some of the owners house fingers.

The comment before about Ford is because he was never allowed to fight in US soil. He entered a house to steal in the middle of the night with some other crooks and cut some of the owners house fingers.
Cut them off? So that's home invasion armed robbery and gbh for starters. Maybe you're right.

Ryan Ford story:

On January 6, 2003, Mr. L. and his wife, Ms. W., and their two children, who were 10 and six years old, were the sole occupants of a house located in Abbotsford, British Columbia. On that date at approximately 10:30 p.m., Mr. L. returned home, having gone to the grocery store. His wife and children were in the home. As he parked his car, Mr. L. noticed a van parked in front of the house. He entered the house and walked up the stairs. Before he reached the top landing he heard the doorbell ring. His wife and children were upstairs at that point. Mr. L. went down the stairs, opened the door, and was confronted by Mr. Ford, Mr. Monteiro, and the co-accused Mr. Masoumi. Mr. Ford and Mr. Monteiro had their faces masked. One of the men, whom the Crown alleges and Mr. Ford and Mr. Monteiro agree was Mr. Masoumi, pointed a gun at Mr. L. The three men proceeded into the house. While the man with the gun forced Mr. L. to kneel facing a wall and held the gun to his head, Mr. Ford obtained a 12-long cook's knife from the kitchen and cut Mr. L.'s index and middle fingers on his left hand to the bone. At some point during this assault, Mr. Masoumi told Mr. L. that he owed somebody some money.

Ford is from the same city as me and we don't produce a lot of fighters that people from outside of here have heard of so I'd like to see him win. That story is pretty shitty though.

More then a few fighters have ended up in debt collection over the years a knife though? Come on dude, you could have just broke a finger or two.

What an absolute scumbag....lets hope he tries to put up a fight and gets hurt

Back