Anthony Pettis cosigns C. M. Punk - 'Getting Better All the Time'

McbGgJQ.gif

That was pretty fantastic.. made me laugh my ass off

Like others have said, I have no doubts he is getting better and working hard - but that still doesn't mean he is able to compete. At his advanced age with all the injuries he has, his ceiling is capped and he is likely still an amateur level.

Anybody is going to "get better" with more training, unless you are completely retarded.

The real question is whether his "better" is UFC worthy, and I think we all know the answer to that.

loads of people on the roster who dont deserve to compete on the biggest platform imo.
You are right about that. And the only reason Punk is in the UFC is for viewer ratings.

Why would anyone brag about being drug free? What a tool.

Someone should ask Pettis if he believes he himself has gotten better as well. Then we will know if hes lying.

I find this a very interesting test. How much can an average dude improve with the best available coaching. And he is average regarding physique and movement. On the other hand it just shows how much better genetics and that feeling for space/movement/bodycontrol that he doesnt have is important.

Its pretty interesting though Punk is a ton more banged up than the average guy his age.

Hoping to see some big time improvements.

lol @ people acting like cm punk doesnt stand a chance. this is the ufc we are talking about. have you seen the videos of tony training? the supposedly #1 LW on the roster? even the best in MMA arent particularly good.

if cm punk keeps at it he'll be a contender
He doesn't.

Well... I would hope he is getting better. You couldn't do much worse than he did to start.

Unlike 99.99% of people on here, I'm actually rooting for CM Punk.

Not because of his pro wrestling past (I stopped watching pro wrestling back in 2002), but because he truly is the average man stepping into a UFC cage.

He is, essentially, what I often fantasize about doing, but wont ever do.

I'm 36, he's 39. Neither of us are what you would call athletic. Both about same size. I'm curious to see if you take a truly average guy, put him with the best coaching money can buy, and all the free time in the world with ZERO work/family obligations to train 24/7, 7 days a week, for a few years, and see what comes out at the end.

My guess..... he will do fine against a similar newbie. I have to assume he has better coaching and the financial means to train more than whoever his opponent will be.

And if he does well, then I guess I can indulge in my fantasy of being a UFC fighter for just a little bit more...

Back