Anthony Pettis: "Barboza will actually show up to fight."

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
Via mma hour. Obvious jab at Alvarez.

Some other cliffs:

He said he was supposed to fight Diaz and had the contract signed but nate wouldn't answer the phone so he obviously didn't want the fight. Edson stepped up and accepted the fight, he claims Edson is the only LW who accepted. Says Edson is one of his favorites to watch and not an easy fight for any LW.

He says he basically expects Conor to win and was surprised how non confident Nate seemed at the press conference.

He also said he felt very weak in terms of physical strength against Eddie Alvarez.

Should be a fun fight. He fought 4 grinding wrestler styles in a row.

Definitely needs to work on his strength and conditioning. Eddie wall n stalled him at will and looked a lot bigger.

That ref really should have broke them up on numerous occasions though. Eddie was doing a pretty good Hendricks impression.

No way Eddie should have won that fight. Got outstruck and couldn't get take downs and still somehow won

About time we get to see Pettis in there with someone who comes to fight again

Pettis came to fight Alvarez came to wrestle
and the times they were in the middle and striking.. Pettis was just staring at him 99% of the time and throwing nothing. 3 minutes of round 2 there was no wrestling at all and Pettis was doing nothing.

and the times they were in the middle and striking.. Pettis was just staring at him 99% of the time and throwing nothing. 3 minutes of round 2 there was no wrestling at all and Pettis was doing nothing.
Pettis definitely landed more strikes and in general maintained a higher output of strikes when they were in the middle of the cage. Wasn't a one-sided fight by any means considering Alvarez wasn't actually able to do anything to Pettis in the grappling lol.

I would laugh if Edson immediately pushed him into the cage, in all reality this could possibly be a really good fight

I would laugh if Edson immediately pushed him into the cage, in all reality this could possibly be a really good fight
I hope I don't jinx it, but I think of all guys in UFC, Edson would have to be like top 3 least likely to do that lol.

I'm not gonna hate on Alvarez, but he was barely competing in the sport aspect of mma.

Sure he was holding on to Pettis, but he was incredibly unimpressive IMO.

It was like watching a basketball team score a few lay ups and then play keep away in there own end.

No shot clock in mma though.

This is the best fight in the LW division, imo. I don't think Pettis will ever be champ again because he's not willing to work on his glaring weakness and other guys will exploit it. Fun, striker matchups from now on will be good

I expect fireworks but Edson does have a sketchy chin, not good when fighting Pettis.

Pettis is built for 145, he looked fat and out of shape against Eddie.

This will be a great fight, very excited to see this go down...unless the UFC decides to put it on FightPass then I'll have to sit it out.

This will be a great fight. I wasn't too thrilled watching the Alvarez fight. Almost reminded me of Hendricks's game plan against Lawler in the rematch.

Via mma hour. Obvious jab at Alvarez.

Some other cliffs:

He said he was supposed to fight Diaz and had the contract signed but nate wouldn't answer the phone so he obviously didn't want the fight. Edson stepped up and accepted the fight, he claims Edson is the only LW who accepted. Says Edson is one of his favorites to watch and not an easy fight for any LW.

He says he basically expects Conor to win and was surprised how non confident Nate seemed at the press conference.

He also said he felt very weak in terms of physical strength against Eddie Alvarez.
Pettis sounds like Rampage

I expect fireworks but Edson does have a sketchy chin, not good when fighting Pettis.

Pettis is built for 145, he looked fat and out of shape against Eddie.
He actually said he did no weightlifting this training camp at all and he felt really weak.

He actually said he did no weightlifting this training camp at all and he felt really weak.
I'm sure a lot of people will look at that suspiciously after what Rogan and Schaub said

Back