Anthony Dirrell Denies Chavez Jr.'s Claim of Fight in November

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Last weekend, former WBC middleweight world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (50-3-1, 32 KOs) revealed on social media that he's returning to the ring on November 11 at The Forum in Los Angeles, California.

According to Chavez, he was scheduled to face former WBC super middleweight champion Anthony Dirrell (30-1-1, 24 KOs) at the full division limit of 168-pounds.

But Dirrell has come out and denied Chavez's information.

canelo-chavez%20(6)_1.jpg

Dirrel told his local Michigan paper, Mlive, that he is NOT fighting Chavez Jr. in November.

"Don't believe that," Dirrell said.

Dirrell was scheduled to face Callum Smith and then David Benavidez for the vacant WBC 168-pound title. He withdrew with an injury. Benavidez now holds the belt after recently defeating Ronald Gavril.

Dirrell has now won two in a row, including his last two by knockout, since losing his title by way of a twelve round decision to Badou Jack in 2015.

He's already set a goal of when he wants to retire and plans to win another world title before that.

"I've already set a goal to retire at 34 or 35, and I just feel like it's the right time. "It's sad, but all good things will come to an end at some time. I want to be champion one more time, and I think I will do that."

I'd think Dirrell would want that fight.

Back