Anthony Bourdain implies Rogan is a bully in bjj, other people confirm.

Weren't taboo in my gym either. Drinking and driving wasn't really looked down @ until I got more mature around 21-22.. and me and my friends never killed anyone. So, drinking and driving must be safe.

Accidents are 1/10000 but that 1/10000 on leg locks, like drunk driving, ruins lives.

Great comparison...

You got to take into account those people are probably other celebrities who aren't used to stuff like that. Personally I don't go very hard because I'm a little bigger than an average guy. However I'm not afraid of being a little bit uncomfortable if someone is crossfacing me or going hard knee on belly and it's that much more satisfying when you get a sweep or a tap against a guy going harder than you.

What about Hyun Gyu Lim talking about what a spazz Rogan is on the mat years back? Was he a celebrity who wasn't used to it?

We're talking about a guy who cranked the shit out of Danny Castillo's neck just trying to show a Japanese necktie during technique, not rolling. He is literally a meathead on the mat with no self-control.

anthony-bourdain-no-reservations.jpg

Joe has annoyed me with his bias at times, but I think he's generally an ok dude. I don't think he's a gym bully or looks to hurt people either.
Some Instructors even go harder than others. Particularly some of the old school guys. Even when demonstrating a technique it's very forceful.

Going hard doesn't Indicate that you're a "gym bully" or whatever conclusion people are trying to draw.

I can understand how It would seem like that though when you're a white belt training with a black belt In the case of Bordain though.

On some level I think it's Important for an Initiate of jiu jitsu to feel what that's like though

Bourdain is 6'4"
rogan is 5'4"
rogan wins by short man complex...

here is a quote from bourdain...
Bourdain answered with another nod to Rogan’s physical strength. “Soon I hope! It’s always a lot of fun to hang out with Joe,” Bourdain said. “I like him very much, I like his podcast. But I will tell you that if Joe Rogan ever wants to demonstrate a choke on you, don’t let that happen. He’s like, really really really strong, and yeah. Just, it hurts. A lot.”

it seems rogan is a tough guy when demonstrating holds...

here is a quote from bourdain...
Bourdain answered with another nod to Rogan’s physical strength. “Soon I hope! It’s always a lot of fun to hang out with Joe,” Bourdain said. “I like him very much, I like his podcast. But I will tell you that if Joe Rogan ever wants to demonstrate a choke on you, don’t let that happen. He’s like, really really really strong, and yeah. Just, it hurts. A lot.”

it seems rogan is a tough guy when demonstrating holds...

TRT+HGH+Years of training combat sports. I train martial arts...height is pretty overrated compared to weight imho especially in grappling. I have no problem taking guys down within 10-15 lbs of me and much more so if they weigh less. But if they are shorter than me and fat its very hard. So a tall fat person is honestly one of the best physiques for a fight...hence why 90% of sherdoggers think they are legendary fighters if they wanted to be.

Joe looks like he has retard strength too...kinda funny how many guys here are so confident they could beat a BJJ black belt...I'm pretty sure given the fact I have rolled with a few black belts that they would kill 99% of us if they wanted to.

Seems like the type.
the laugh is that anyone can be a tough guy demonstrating choke holds... or knee bars or any other kind of finishing hold...
or a TKD guy demonstrating a lethal kick in the ribs...
if one can find someone to demonstrate on...

He's like that douche Jay Glazer on Fox and the NFL network, who also grapples, both stocky, short, bald, suffering from short man syndrome with short arms and legs, but lots of compact power.

What about Hyun Gyu Lim talking about what a spazz Rogan is on the mat years back? Was he a celebrity who wasn't used to it?

We're talking about a guy who cranked the shit out of Danny Castillo's neck just trying to show a Japanese necktie during technique, not rolling. He is literally a meathead on the mat with no self-control.

I'm going to reserve my judgement until I have rolled with him (which is most likely never lol).

Ya but Coleman isn't your average wrestler.
He's probably the best wrestler ever in MMA.

He took down everyone he ever fought besides prime mirko,even in his last UFc run.

I'm pretty sure there's a video of old Coleman manhandling bones in wrestling.

The guy was an animal.
i know but coleman has like 50 and a really fucked up body

Weren't taboo in my gym either. Drinking and driving wasn't really looked down @ until I got more mature around 21-22.. and me and my friends never killed anyone. So, drinking and driving must be safe.

Accidents are 1/10000 but that 1/10000 on leg locks, like drunk driving, ruins lives.

A cop let us go once when I was like 18 driving with a keg in car drinking out the tap. We had to dump out some of it though, not all of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back