ANT-MAN AND THE WASP (First Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: January 31, 2018

New ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Set Photos Gives Us a Good Look at Ghost

Digital Spy now bring you a first clear look at star Hannah John-Kamen suited up as the baddie Ghost thanks to a number of on-set pictures. In one, Ghost is seen holding the miniaturised building we saw in the trailer as she hangs out of a van, while in another, we glimpse part of her face through her mask as she rides a motorcycle.

gallery-1517398812-ant-man-ghost-villain-hannah-kamen.jpg
I guess Harley Davidson's deal is just with Cap.

What if he crawls inside Thamos' ear and then gets big again?

Nothing would happen. Think drax in GOTG 2, if he cant cut it on the outside why do you think you can cut it on the inside.. It makes no difference

theoretically, Ant Man can kill someone by getting ingested while microscopic and then blowing up to full size, right? Has he ever done that?
Not in a Disney film.

Maybe if they let Garth Ennis write it...

Nothing would happen. Think drax in GOTG 2, if he cant cut it on the outside why do you think you can cut it on the inside.. It makes no difference
Points for the quote.

However ya that actually wrong of them to say.

Often times the hide is very protective whereas the inner parts are very vulnerable.

Sure Drax may not have been able to cut his way from the inside to the outside as he would still deal with the hide when he got to the outer layer. But that does not mean he could not wreck all sorts of shit inside (like organs, etc) and kill it that way.

Think of Ant man inside Stark's armour. Lots of damage he could do on the inside that he could not on the outside.

Points for the quote.

However ya that actually wrong of them to say.

Often times the hide is very protective whereas the inner parts are very vulnerable.

Sure Drax may not have been able to cut his way from the inside to the outside as he would still deal with the hide when he got to the outer layer. But that does not mean he could not wreck all sorts of shit inside (like organs, etc) and kill it that way.

Think of Ant man inside Stark's armour. Lots of damage he could do on the inside that he could not on the outside.
Thanos probably has blood cells stronger than Antman's scrawny ass. He would crush foreign objects with a flex of a vein.

first movie was lotta fun but still feels like B tier hero along the lines of Dr Strange,

I still hate that they credit ultrons creation to tony stark and not hank Pym

ridiculous

first movie was lotta fun but still feels like B tier hero along the lines of Dr Strange,

I still hate that they credit ultrons creation to tony stark and not hank Pym

ridiculous

Still think I'm B-tier?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not every character needs to be the main event, there needs to be smaller players in this giant Marvel play.

No doubt he may get lost in the Infinity war mix, but he had his jaw dropping moment in Civil war.

Giant-Man debut was a highlight of the series that few characters will get

20935fd0-f3a6-0133-f184-0aacbc4f5d01.gif

His sequel will be a hit too

Last edited:
Still think I'm B-tier?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Not every character needs to be the main event, there needs to be smaller players in this giant Marvel play.

No doubt he may get lost in the Infinity war mix, but he had his jaw dropping moment in Civil war.

Giant-Man debut was a highlight of the series that few characters will get

20935fd0-f3a6-0133-f184-0aacbc4f5d01.gif

His sequel will be a hit too

oh no question that the first movie was a lot of fun and he def has his moments

but compared to cap, IM, hulk, thor ... yea scott lang is jv

Update: April 19, 2018

ANT-MAN AND THE WASP Will Be About the Search for Michelle Pfieffer's Janet Van Dyne

Evangeline Lilly’s Hope van Dyne (a.k.a. the Wasp) may share the power of miniaturization with Paul Rudd’s Scott Lang (a.k.a. Ant-Man) in Ant-Man and the Wasp (out July 6), but the film is a big deal for the Lost actress. The Wasp is, after all, the first female superhero to appear in the title of a Marvel Cinematic Universe film. “It means a lot to me,” says Lilly. “If I’m honest with myself, I feel a lot of pressure to make sure that it is everything that the world wants it to be.”

The film concerns the quest by van Dyne, Lang, and scientist Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) to rescue Janet van Dyne — that’s Hope’s mother and Hank’s wife — from the Quantum Realm, an alternate dimension into which she disappeared decades previously. “Scott entered the Quantum Realm in the first film and came back, which is something they thought was impossible,” says Lilly. “The question has arisen, ‘Can Janet come back?’ So the entire film, my character is hell-bent on finding a way to get into the Quantum Realm and bring her back.”

Janet is played by none other than Batman Returns actress Michelle Pfeiffer. “She hasn’t done one of these films since she played Catwoman with Tim Burton,” says director Peyton Reed. “It was really interesting to bring her in and get her up to speed on all the mythology and her place in this world.”

The film’s main villain is Ghost, who in the Marvel comic universe has traditionally been male, but in Reed’s film is played by actress Hannah John-Kamen (Ready Player One). “The Ghost character could be male, female, anything, so it just seemed more interesting to us [to cast a woman],” says Reed. “Ghost’s primary power is the ability to ‘phase,’ which allows Ghost to move through solid matter. She has all sorts of strange versions of that phasing power — it proves quite difficult for Ant-Man and Wasp to deal with.”

Other new characters include Walton Goggins’ low-level criminal-type Sonny Burch and a former colleague of Hank Pym’s named Bill Foster, played by Laurence Fishburne. “He was a blast,” says Rudd of the Matrix star. “He told me what it was like shooting Apocalypse Now and hanging out with Marlon Brando. That was just about the coolest day of work I’ve ever had.”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/19/ant-man-and-the-wasp-michelle-pfeiffer/

I wonder if at the end of this movie the events of Infinity War will come into play

i.e. a bunch of people fade to dust.

Excited to see Michelle Pfeiffer, Laurence Fishburne and Walton Goggins in this.

I wonder if at the end of this movie the events of Infinity War will come into play

Excited to see Michelle Pfeiffer, Laurence Fishburne and Walton Goggins in this.

No. Movie is set after Civil War.

Well yes, but so is Infinity War. :eek:

I'm just saying I think the events of that movie will at least be alluded to, possibly in a post-credits scene.

Haha I mean right after Civil War. Post credit scene, maybe.

I was also going to say that. Either in the end or in the post-credits.

Update: April 30, 2018

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Cast Wonders Where Were Ant-Man and the Wasp?

The way he laughs when he gets big has me in tears.... Great trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back