Another Reason to Hate Millennials - Rated Worst Tippers

Tips are stupid. Businesses should pay their servers adequate wages. Subsidizing their overhead because they're too miserly to pay it themselves should be made obsolete.

This, real wages have been stagnating for years.

Employers are often using tips to either pay staff below minimum wage where state law allows (servers) or to pay minimum wage when the market rate for that labor is higher.

At the same time the current generation of young people has less and less spending power due to those stagnated real wages plus increased cost of living as the cost of housing is inflating rapidly in any area where there are jobs.

To try get servers mad at millenials is just a ploy from the same people siphoning up the profits that could have been used to increase wages.

I keep getting yelled at by my peers when I tip. Mostly because when I tip with the card, I tip to the exact cent. If 20% is 3.15, I'll put 3.15, not round up to $4.

Also, 15-20% is the range I grew up on, yet now my friends will give me a dirty look if I try to tip only 20% even on a mediocre server. Dafuq?

Exactly. It's arbitrary as fuck.

When I came up, it was 15% as a hard and fast rule. Now if you're not paying a full quarter of your meal to the server, you're apparently a shithead. They can miss me with the entitlement.

When I came up, it was 15% as a hard and fast rule. Now if you're not paying a full quarter of your meal to the server, you're apparently a shithead. They can miss me with the entitlement.
Derrrrp its almost like the value of the dollar has increased or something

Isn't that because millennials are the most diverse generation yet?

uri1fSgN.jpg

1) I didnt go to school

2) If i was still a waiter and you stiffed me on the wrong day i honestly could have slit your throat in the parking lot. Such a fucked up thing to do

1) yeah it shows

2) yeah that would be such a fucked up thing to do

How stupid are you? If you're going to slit someone's throat for money you can get a lot more money as a sicario than as a psycho entitled server.

Derrrrp its almost like the value of the dollar has increased or something

If the value of the dollar increased, you would tip less because less money would equate to the same spending power.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp

Good god. How does one even respond to that lol.
You dont. Open your eyes and dont be an asshole.

If you dont tip anything your waiter is paying for you to eat and consuming their time with you decreasing other potentially tipping tables.

You are stealing from them
Steal from the wrong person on the wrong day, you could get fucked up.

1) yeah it shows

2) yeah that would be such a fucked up thing to do

How stupid are you? If you're going to slit someone's throat for money you can get a lot more money as a sicario than as a psycho entitled server.
Im really stupid.

I work a second job as a bouncer at a bar and while I get some people don't want to tip and shit (most people drop a dollar or whatever change they get under a dollar if they paid in cash into the jars) the one that gets me is where they write on the tip line of a CC receipt things like "go fuck yourself" or "taxation is theft"...

Uh, bro... a tip isn't taxation.

A tipping thread, aye?

Cheapskates...assemble!!!

tBFuhRs.gif

I work a second job as a bouncer at a bar and while I get some people don't want to tip and shit (most people drop a dollar or whatever change they get under a dollar if they paid in cash into the jars) the one that gets me is where they write on the tip line of a CC receipt things like "go fuck yourself" or "taxation is theft"...

Uh, bro... a tip isn't taxation.
Those are the throats @CrimsonFan should be slitting.

You dont. Open your eyes and dont be an asshole.

If you dont tip anything your waiter is paying for you to eat and consuming their time with you decreasing other potentially tipping tables.

You are stealing from them
Steal from the wrong person on the wrong day, you could get fucked up.

Holy shit, what a fucked up mentality to have. I always tip unless the food was atrocious. Even if the service sucked, if the food was good I tip bare minimum 10%. Not tipping isn't stealing. The money was never theirs to begin with.

So your mentality is if someone doesn't subsidize a server's wage they can get fucked up?

Pretty dumb.

I have no opinion on tipping, but I do think millennials sucks

Just waiting for an asshole server to chime in about how they tip big when they go out.

They added a tip option to the place I pick up bread. If I could pick it up myself I would, but I can't so now I have to tip to have some turd handle a french field bread for 3 secs.

Tipping is one reason to retire in Italy.

Holy shit, what a fucked up mentality to have. I always tip unless the food was atrocious. Even if the service sucked, if the food was good I tip bare minimum 10%. Not tipping isn't stealing. The money was never theirs to begin with.

So your mentality is if someone doesn't subsidize a server's wage they can get fucked up?

Pretty dumb.
Yeah im an idiot, im dumb. Cool i know these things.

I also have agreed with you on multiple points

Tipping is dumb like me, cool. Well it isnt going anywhere so get with the program or stay home.

Its just the way it is. It isnt a "tip" its how the earn a living. Most have kids to provide for.

Most of the people complaining about millennials are millennials. If you were born in the 80s or 90s, your ass is a millenial. If you're older than that, go take care of your family you old fuck and stop shitposting on an mma forum.

Back