Another hype train derailed

View attachment 1043492

Was Rebekci really hyped though?
He wasn't, if anything he was underrated by casuals. He is the opposite of a hype job, an actual beast fighter that most fans don't know about.

This fight wasn't derailing a hype train, it was a crazy awesome battle between a beast in his prime and a savage veteran who kicked the shit out of him.

Ferreira deserves PON bonus…

While Bisping and the rest of the clueless commentators were stroking Rebecki, Ferreira was methodically landing clean shots and pacing himself like a G.
He got one. Well deserved.

He was never really a hype train
No one was talking about him and he last fought Roosevelt who is a short-notice TUF vet vs prospect fighter, a bad season, and came from small organizations, he is not a KSW Champ like the other Poles, Gamrot, Blachowicz or Joanna

Despaigne's loss was a hype train derailment and a fraud check. He got dominated by a baseball player.

Rebecki's loss was a tremendous show of heart against a dangerous veteran. He beat up CDF for the first part of the fight, then showed a granite chin and zero quit, to his detriment.

Comparing the two losses is pretty silly. They aren't remotely the same kind of loss.

Agreed, a true veteran with smarts and skillz…the way he tossed Rebecki up in the air with that butterfly guard was impressive AF.

Do you remember which round that was? I missed that, would like to go back and see it.

This fight reminded me of when the retarded Oreilly brother beat Pancamo in OZ. His water was spiked with morphine. Makes you WONDER.

Or Tim "Doc" Anderson, who went to prison for killing a promoter who drugged him during a fight.

I wouldn't say Rebekci was exposed. He fights at a pretty decent size disadvantage with his reach, CDF is one of those guys who people forget how good he is. Rebekci got a little careless and if he was more tactical and makes adjustments he can pull ahead. He has more time on his side than CDF.

Despaigne's loss was a hype train derailment and a fraud check. He got dominated by a baseball player.

Rebecki's loss was a tremendous show of heart against a dangerous veteran. He beat up CDF for the first part of the fight, then showed a granite chin and zero quit, to his detriment.

Comparing the two losses is pretty silly. They aren't remotely the same kind of loss.

I'm not really understanding the logic in your posts. CDF was +350 against Rebecki and Acosta was around +200. Just by your post saying "baseball player" about Acosta and complimenting CDF, it's pretty clear Rebecki had a ton of hype and wasn't some unknown.

I'm not really understanding the logic in your posts. CDF was +350 against Rebecki and Acosta was around +200. Just by your post saying "baseball player" about Acosta and complimenting CDF, it's pretty clear Rebecki had a ton of hype and wasn't some unknown.
Because Despaigne had a ton of hype, the line was way out of whack. That was a revealing loss. How do you beat Despaigne? Take him down, once.

Despaigne losing seems obvious in retrospect. He was never in that fight after the first takedown.

Because Rebecki is actually a beast, the odds were actually pretty reasonable. He was very clearly winning the fight until he ran out of gas and got demolished.

How do you beat Rebecki? I dunno, survive a ferocious onslaught and then beat him half to death?

I wouldn't say Rebekci was exposed. He fights at a pretty decent size disadvantage with his reach, CDF is one of those guys who people forget how good he is. Rebekci got a little careless and if he was more tactical and makes adjustments he can pull ahead. He has more time on his side than CDF.
I'm just concerned that the extended beating will have permanent effects on his fighting career. He absorbed an insane amount of damage in those last two rounds.

Agreed, a true veteran with smarts and skillz…the way he tossed Rebecki up in the air with that butterfly guard was impressive AF.

Yes it was really nice to finally see a BJJ guy able to use his jiu jitsu again to just sweep the wrestler or at least easily get back up to his feet. Super impressive performance.

I'm just concerned that the extended beating will have permanent effects on his fighting career. He absorbed an insane amount of damage in those last two rounds.
He is a LW at 31 to be fair. I think he has 4 years left, can probably take a few more beatings before he goes. Seems like he's been the hammer most his career, just last night was the nail. Being smaller he's going to probably have to take more damage to get inside than most guys. We'll see, some guys bounce back from these wars like nothing. 6 month break probably would be for the best while adding more skills.

That was a pretty good fight. Rebecki for sure blew his load going waaaaay too hard all round 1. He could opt to point fight for a round and still have power to end fights later on like Hendriks for example.

fuck it if all you guys are gonna get ass avatars I might as well get one

derailment-high-speed-train-spain-renfe-santiago-de-compostela-ole-cant-deficiency-rate-of-change-toppling-overturning.gif

Back