Another group of free agents hit the market

185 is weak enough in Bellator that Thatch signing and going up a weight class would make sense.

Thatch was a bust, he had so much hype as the next big thing when he came into UFC and then fell off.

Guess as a prelim guy he could be used in Bellator but his hype is gone.

Thatch was a bust, he had so much hype as the next big thing when he came into UFC and then fell off.

Guess as a prelim guy he could be used in Bellator but his hype is gone.

His image could still be rehabbed. He has enough name and image recognition that he could be an early main card guy; but with bellators 185 he could possibly string along some wins to revive his career. He is 31 which isn't young but its not old either.

Yeah maybe at MW, at WW if he cant beat guys like Siyar and Price he'll get chewed up by guys in Bellators div. Chidi, Ward, Gonzalez, they would eat him up. Forget Daley, ROry, Larkin, Lima, Koreshkov, no chance.

He is a big guy but even at MW I wouldnt pick him vs Storm, Kato, probably not even Salter etc.

Seems like someone you use on a prelim in his hometown and feed him a squash match or two to hype him back up.

Thatch to Bellator is definite I reckon. Of the others, maybe a couple of the 'better' prelims level guys.

put thatch in bellators already deep 170 division

Brandon Thatch
Li Jingliang
Yusuke Kasuya
Felipe Olivieri
Chris Avila
Jason Novelli
J.C. Cottrell
Nicolas Dalby
Dong-Yi Yang
Erick Montano
Viktor Pesta
Valerie Letourneau
Kelly Faszholz
Jocelyn Jones-Lybarger

All released by the UFC

I don't think I'll miss a single one of em.

would be good if we used the correct terms to describe these "UFC cuts" because fighter's are moving towards free agency as a form of negotiation, and if they ask for more than the UFC is willing to pay, I don't see how that counts as a cut. That fighter chose to leave.

we at least need more information on each "cut" :)

These would be really good pickups because they flesh out divisions. That means they flesh out cards with higher quality matches

would be good if we used the correct terms to describe these "UFC cuts" because fighter's are moving towards free agency as a form of negotiation, and if they ask for more than the UFC is willing to pay, I don't see how that counts as a cut. That fighter chose to leave.

we at least need more information on each "cut" :)

Yeah cut and free agent are two different things.

Cut is having a guy under contract but you dont even want him on the roster anymore. Free agent is not coming to terms on a deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back