ANNIHILATION from Ex Machina Writer/Director (87% Rotten Tomatoes Score)

If you have seen ANNIHILATION, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Full Trailer for Alex Garland's Sci-Fi Thriller ANNIHILATION Starring Natalie Portman

Based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. It was written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later). In theaters February 23, 2018.

this looks great. I should read those books

Hey, let's send 5 women in for an apparent military objective.

I'm guessing that's going to be a plot point after the presumably all male teams previously vanished.

Honestly the full trailer is a bit disappointingly conventional for me, hopefully that's a misrepresentation of the film but the earlier hype was for something more Stalkerish. Obviously I wasn't expecting something quite that arty but this does look quite conventionally horrorish with jump scares.

Nice! I was a bit confused as to what it was about with the original trailer.. but this one clears it up... I like it.

Update: December 13, 2017

Full Trailer for Alex Garland's Sci-Fi Thriller ANNIHILATION Starring Natalie Portman

Based on Jeff VanderMeer’s best-selling Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation stars Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Gina Rodriguez, Tessa Thompson, Tuva Novotny and Oscar Isaac. It was written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina, 28 Days Later). In theaters February 23, 2018.

This will be merged with the official thread after a while.

Meh.

Got excited.

Viewed the trailer.

Excitement ended.

You were right. This is a stealth Ghostbusters movie! Those sneaky bastards.

rZ6mjm9.gif

My first thought as soon as I watched that scene:D

Portman looks creepy in that screen cap.

All women... why... why do they keep doing this.

All women team doesn't bother me, but nah, I'm good.

The all women team is who the book is based on..there have been 11 or so other teams to go in before, each team has had a different group make up of some kind - all males, a mix, etc so this one they put all women together to see what happens

All that being said. The original trailer got me interested enough to read the book.

This trailer made me go "oh...they changed a lot and took away the creepy uneasy factor that you get when reading the book"

Update: February 22, 2018

First Critics' Reviews for Alex Garland's Sci-Fi Horror ANNIHILATION

mhCsb09.jpg

nCmmpbI.jpg

WbZU0hq.jpg

JLnFaGi.jpg

b37ta2P.jpg

oHJQytQ.jpg

fjj0Bzr.jpg

I don't trust rotten tomatoes scores.

Sometimes film critics try to make up for their intellectual shortcoming by praising overly convoluted movies they can't understand in which may be complete trash.

Hope that isn't the case with this one.

Just realized this thread was first created in Oct 2014.

The fuck? News about this movie has been coming out for over three years?

Colin_Farrel-Disgusted.gif

Gut says this movie is going to be pretentious nonsense that tries too hard.

"..female centric update of fearsome monster classics like The Thing and Alien."

Yeah, it's just one 'male' reviewer but I mean... I don't know if the world is ready for a FEMALE CENTRIC UPDATE OF ALIEN.

ripley-nostromo-alien.gif

Back