Anime and Manga v38

So read Fairly Tail's last Arc. Not Horrible . For the Most Part Fairy Tail beats the power of friendship power ups to death , through and through a straight up Shonen that borrows a lot from One Piece but is distinguishable from that because of the Mishima's differing art style to Oda's and actually most western readers find Mashima's art style more aesthetically pleasing. The final arc is just a suped up version of the rest of the series, power of Friendship, Fan Service and beating an overwhelming enemy , which kind of also feels like the ending to a generic Final Fantasy plot. I will praise Mashima for being able to end Fairy Tail on his terms and give his characters real closure with bright futures as opposed to having to rush a horrible ending ala Tite Kubo and Bleach.

I'm looking forward to this next arc/section of ToG. SIU is setting it up to have a lot of reveals. There's a ton of potential for different interactions with the 13 warriors (Khun and his dad, Karaka+Wangnan and Jahad, Baam and his parents, Rachel and Arlene). It's also really interesting that Hwaryun isn't going with them.

I've started picking up the english book releases for Ballroom e Youkuso/Welcome to the Ballroom, and it's sort of strange reading them. I've read the fan scanlations like...five times probably and know them really well at this point. So reading a different translation is quite jarring when a phrase or characterization ends up being noticeably different. It's the same company as the Vinland Saga books (which are excellent) but my gut tells me the translations for this one might be taking some more liberties. Not Initial D level, but it still feels like a style-over-accuracy situation.

Why is this Big Mom arc still going? Holy fuck let it end.

I've started picking up the english book releases for Ballroom e Youkuso/Welcome to the Ballroom, and it's sort of strange reading them. I've read the fan scanlations like...five times probably and know them really well at this point. So reading a different translation is quite jarring when a phrase or characterization ends up being noticeably different. It's the same company as the Vinland Saga books (which are excellent) but my gut tells me the translations for this one might be taking some more liberties. Not Initial D level, but it still feels like a style-over-accuracy situation.
Translations vary a lot from people to people. Or how they feel the words should be interpreted.

Have you been watching the Ballroom anime? I like it so far.

Why is this Big Mom arc still going? Holy fuck let it end.
It will end when Zoro gets a sense of direction.

Translations vary a lot from people to people. Or how they feel the words should be interpreted.

Have you been watching the Ballroom anime? I like it so far.

It will end when Zoro gets a sense of direction.
Hmmm...I've seen the Ballroom anine floating around but never cared to watch it. Might give it a shot...after finishing fairy tail. Nakama powah!!!

Hmmm...I've seen the Ballroom anine floating around but never cared to watch it. Might give it a shot...after finishing fairy tail. Nakama powah!!!
It may or may not be your cup of tea. Typical of a lot of sport or profession driven anime/manga.

Love food related anime/manga like Yakitate Japan or Bambino.

Fairy Tail bleh.... Rave was so much better.

It may or may not be your cup of tea. Typical of a lot of sport or profession driven anime/manga.

Love food related anime/manga like Yakitate Japan or Bambino.

Fairy Tail bleh.... Rave was so much better.
5 mins in the 1st episode, I had to google this ballroom anime because the artwork & animation is almost the same as Haikyuu. They're both Product IG animes. I just became a fan.

So Big Mom is basically one of those fat children that lose their shit when their parents say they can't get some candy at the grocery store. Good to know.

Will this fucking arc just end?

Does anyone really give a shit about feeding Mom a fucking cake?

What? Is the cake going to be so delicious she will join with Luffy and return everyone's souls?

Just stop

I've got a hankerin' for some dark fantasy. Anybody got any suggestions? Already read Berserk, Ubel Blatt, Claymore, Goblin Slayer.

Just started watching Boku No Hero Academia. On episode 5. Seems ok so far. Maybe I'm spoiled already watching some good action shounen. I'll reserve my full opinion when I'm all caught up.

Also considering something older...

Yu Yu Haksho vs Jojo Bizarre Adventure, which would you recommend?

Tried watching the first episode of Yu Yu Haksho, but I don't know if I want to view such dated animation. I can't believe I'm saying that cause I usually don't care.

I've got a hankerin' for some dark fantasy. Anybody got any suggestions? Already read Berserk, Ubel Blatt, Claymore, Goblin Slayer.
Historie
Deadman Wonderland
Hellstar Remina
Biomeat Nectar
Black Paradox

Also considering something older...

Yu Yu Haksho vs Jojo Bizarre Adventure, which would you recommend?

Tried watching the first episode of Yu Yu Haksho, but I don't know if I want to view such dated animation. I can't believe I'm saying that cause I usually don't care.
Both are great. If YYH is too dated for your taste, try Togashi's other work Hunter X Hunter. YYH is a classic though so give it a chance. Jojo starts off weak in part one but picks up steam part 2 and beyond. Over the top reactions and poses for days. Good battles and strategy. Ost is pretty good too.

Also

Hunter x Hunter- Getting better and better. Crossing my fingers Togashi keeps the chapters coming.

One Piece- What have you've become! Oda please stop. Zoro save us. I don't care for Big Meme and her goof of a crew except for Dogtooth.

Hajime no Ippo- Ippo should have KOd this kid already. Slow progress. Ricardo will be an old man when Ippo fights him. Maybe Sendo will get the shot first and push Ricardo before getting brutally stopped. Maybe even die like Joe...

Jagaaaaaan-Series is getting muddled. Thought it had potential. Maybe but we'll see...

If Luffy can't beat big mom how the fuck do u expect us to believe he can beat kaido. Looks like they are going to beat big mom by giving her cake lolz

Historie
Deadman Wonderland
Hellstar Remina
Biomeat Nectar
Black Paradox
Historie is good, but it's historical fiction. I didn't like Deadman Wonderland. Will check out the others (is Biomeat Nectar a sequel to Biomeat? Biomeat was survival horror, and not bad if bordering on too repetitive).
EDIT: ah, so Biomeat Nectar is just a full/alternate name to Biomeat, which I've already read. Decent [B] grade story, but not really dark fantasy.
EDIT2: So both Hellstar Remina and Black Paradox are Ito's works. So really creepy/weird horror. Looks like none of these are really dark fantasy. Oh well, I'll give them a shot anyways.

Last edited:
Historie is good, but it's historical fiction. I didn't like Deadman Wonderland. Will check out the others (is Biomeat Nectar a sequel to Biomeat? Biomeat was survival horror, and not bad if bordering on too repetitive).
EDIT: ah, so Biomeat Nectar is just a full/alternate name to Biomeat, which I've already read. Decent [B] grade story, but not really dark fantasy.
EDIT2: So both Hellstar Remina and Black Paradox are Ito's works. So really creepy/weird horror. Looks like none of these are really dark fantasy. Oh well, I'll give them a shot anyways.
My bad brother. Dark fantasy is a little harder to find. Closest I could get were those.

Only others I could think of are:

Vinland Saga
I am Hero
Zetman

Which you probably read already.

Back