Anderson : Was the fight against Cormier one of the craziest moves in UFC?

If you were offered 7 figures to show up and fight without having to promote or train, you'd be crazy not to do it.

If a fighter is afraid to get in the cage with anyone they need to find a new profession.

And Andersen didn't even do that bad but I'm also one of the people that believes DC took it easy on him.

"And when I looked across from him and he's crouching, he's in his Spider position. In that moment, I did kind of have that one moment where I went wow, that's Anderson Silva."

DC said that ?

One of the craziest moves, yes, but in a positive sense. I was travelling so I couldn't watch UFC 200 until after and I didn't want to ready any spoilers so I stayed off forums and MMA websites. I knew Jones had been taken off the card but it came as a damn (positive) shock that Cormier would be facing Silva. One of the best surprises ever in MMA. Unfortunately the fight sucked and Cormier won a boring decision though Silva looked pretty good against the #2 LHW GOAT.

To be fair it wasn't that crazy stylistically. DC isn't a feared striker. And it was three rounds. So given that, you're looking at Anderson getting grappled and some lay and pray.

Royce against Matt Hueghs was pretty odd.
More like lay and pay.

That's what Anderson was thinking about. The pay.

giphy.gif

5BB.gif
DC did not like that and tried to hide it lol

Back