Rumored Anderson vs Nemkov 2 in November. Additional rumor says Fedor vs Bader

Yes please!

I want to see what Nemkov has changed based on their first encounter. Will he be able to deal with Andersons wrestling this time.
And Fedor for the belt!?! That is awesome. REALLY hope he can knock Bader out this time. That would be the most epic way to end his storied career. Plus I hate watching Bader fight and it irks me that he holds the HW strap.

nice card, I been avoiding bellator maybe time I give them another try.

Fedor should not fight Bader.

This is the fight to make:

main-qimg-3e03bb64b2312d7d9bf6e1608ce5c174-lq

About fucking time we got some news. They should book this in Chicago, and ima grab tickets if they do. I think that’s the location that makes the most sense.

edit: I think they postponed a Chicago event at Wintrust Arena awhile back, and still owe Chicago a new date for that.

Last edited:
Only in a Scott Coker run org would they make a HW title fight that involves a guy who got KO'd in 35 second by his opponent a few fights ago(from basically a jab) and is fighting his last fight under contract.

Nothing like trying to make a mess in a division.

P.S.: Not that I think Fedor should continue to fight but I hope someone behind the scenes is smart enough to get Fedor to commit for a fight or two more if he wins. Personally they should've just gave him a fight not for the belt. Win or lose he is free to maybe go do a retirement fight in his homeland which seems like he has alluded to as wanting in his final fight.

Only in a Scott Coker run org would they make a HW title fight that involves a guy who got KO'd in 35 second by his opponent a few fights ago(from basically a jab) and is fighting his last fight under contract.

P.S.: Not that I think Fedor should continue to fight but I hope someone behind the scenes is smart enough to get Fedor to commit for a fight or two more if he wins. Personally they should've just gave him a fight not for the belt. Win or lose he is free to maybe go do a retirement fight in his homeland which seems like he has alluded to as wanting in his final fight.
It’s Fedor, while I agree with you on some level that Fedor doesn’t have a chin, he KOd Tim Johnson who was ranked 1 or 2 at the time and Fedor winning in his last bout would be grand. Not like the Bellator Hw title is some prestigious title and Bader has an equally bad chin

So Stots vs Sabatello will occur in 2024. Good old Bellator always striking when the iron is hot!

im so sad cause the goat cant win the bader......

Like @TorontoTO said, Fedor has arguably earned it. They definitely could’ve and should’ve booked things differently so that it didn’t make a mess of the division, I agree with that. But fuck it, it’s Bellator. Just have your top 2 contenders fight for the vacant belt later if Fedor wins, or have a 4-man mini- tournament, or even another HW Grand Prix, or whatever. It’s not that big of a deal.

Fedor has only been cleanly beaten 5 times in his entire career, and he’s never gotten to rematch any of them. I think this fight has a good backstory, and is one of the most interesting fights Bellator can make at HW right now. Fedor’s a legend, he’s earned the TS. Let him bang for the belt, bro. ;)

I tend to agree that it makes a mess of the division if Fedor wins and then retires, but they also haven't done a lot to make it a meaningful title, so who cares.

<{cruzshake}>
Eh I’m not on board with that one.

Agreed. I would have been interested in it years ago but Wand looked like crap in his last couple of fights. He looked like he didn't even train, I think he was just collecting a check. I had never seen him out of shape like that before.

I tend to agree that it makes a mess of the division if Fedor wins and then retires, but they also haven't done a lot to make it a meaningful title, so who cares.
It wouldn’t be any different than when Khabib retires with the LW belt, or GSP with the MW belt. The org moves past it, it’s not that big of a deal.

Agreed. I would have been interested in it years ago but Wand looked like crap in his last couple of fights. He looked like he didn't even train, I think he was just collecting a check. I had never seen him out of shape like that before.
Exactly, it’d have been fun a few years ago. But we’ve seen Fedor fight plenty of legends, a title fight is way more meaningful. I’d rather Fedor lose a title fight in his last fight than win a meaningless legends match.

It wouldn’t be any different than when Khabib retires with the LW belt, or GSP with the MW belt. The org moves past it, it’s not that big of a deal.

Exactly, it’d have been fun a few years ago. But we’ve seen Fedor fight plenty of legends, a title fight is way more meaningful. I’d rather Fedor lose a title fight in his last fight than win a meaningless legends match.

It's different to Khabib, that was a champ retiring when he wasn't expected to retire. I think everyone was pissed off with the GSP situation at the time.

It's different to Khabib, that was a champ retiring when he wasn't expected to retire. I think everyone was pissed off with the GSP situation at the time.
Oh I don’t disagree that they were different circumstances. But from a promoter’s perspective, the mechanics are the same: the dude holding the belt retired, the belt becomes vacant, and you’ve got to make some booking decisions to get the division sorted out. There’s several different ways to do that, and it’s not some major catastrophe.

Bellator HW has always been a mess of a division though, it's one of the constants of history.

They kept Konrad fairly inactive and with a steady diet of regional level talent, then he retired. Volkov's reign ended as soon as it began due to Minakov, and then Vitaly went MIA for years due to his politics career but they refused to strip him and do something with the belt for some weird reason. Then, when they finally decided to move ahead and do something with the title's vacancy, they filled the tourney with blown up has-beens and a single fighter you could argue was still at his peak, who predictably won the belt.

I don't think there will be a single point in time where people will look at Bellator's HW title and think "Wow, it carries so much prestige!".

Damn, they could very well both lose..Based on the first fights, I'd favour Anderson AND Bader obviously by lots....

Back