Anderson Silva. What now?

Go up and fight Bones. Pllleeease.

If not some 205 ers need to drop down.

Anderson v Machida is one of my dream fights, not that it'll ever happen

It probably happens at least once or twice a week during training.

Anderson should retire today.
He should retire and go out on the highest note ever exited on.

Anyone who thinks he should fight Chris Weidman is goddamn retarded.
Chris Weidman is 28, and has fucking 9 fights.
Anderson gains nothing by beating him.

Chris is 10 years younger and 20 years younger in ring age.
Andy is no longer prime, he's just gotten by on his sheer talent.
There is no reason in fucking hell he should have to risk his legacy by fighting a guy with 9 fights under his belt. I don't care if Weidman had finished fedor and reem at the same time. This is a stupid, stupid fight for andy to take.

Anderson3.gif

I know Bader will have no chance,but just to get Anderson used to 205 and ready for jones.

There is no reason in fucking hell he should have to risk his legacy by fighting a guy with 9 fights under his belt. I don't care if Weidman had finished fedor and reem at the same time. This is a stupid, stupid fight for andy to take.

Hendo was 11 years older than Shogun. He is over 40 now and wants to fight Jones who is younger than Weidman. Your point is not as good as you think it is. Age is only a problem if you dont stay in shape. Anderson looks as good now as he did 4-5 years ago. I dont think Weidman deserves the shot until he wins one more top 10 (preferably a top 5). Hendricks had to beat 3 top ten (includng 2 top 5) for his shot. MW is now starting to deepen so they can afford a few more matches to find the legit contender. I still think Rockhold should fight Weidman for a title eliminator since the UFC is unlikely to give him a SF/UFC belt unification shot (even though gil is).

I'd prefer he move up to 205 and get killed by JBJ.

I must disagree my fellow Victorian...

JBJ whoops everyone in the UFC except Anderson Silva.

Anderson would use his incredible hand speed to land crushing shots on Jones face and will win by a 3rd round TKO

If Anderson wants to continue calling himself champ he has to take on everyone who steps forward.

Lombard could make a statement if he runs through Okami. He lost to Boetsch, but he's been such a monster for so long, then he came out and destroyed Paul Harris, giving the kind of performance that known for.

Weidman wasn't ready before his injury, I don't know why he would be now. Plus, the UFC was putting him against Boetsch at the time. They probably had him an impressive win or two away from the title while he was still active. A contender fight against Rockhold would be a win against a champion and it would give him a chance to shake off the rust.

Rockhold has the Strikeforce title to his name, so the UFC might want to bank on the fight between champions. That being said, Rockhold has been injured as well and I think that an impressive performance against Weidman would give him a chance to fight someone other than Anderson Silva after he's been out of the cage so long and also show that he's gonna give Silva a run for his money.

Personally, I'm hoping that Jones DQ's himself against Chael a la Matt Hamill, losing the belt but simultaneously showing that he's still top 3 P4P. Then Anderson and Jones can fight without Anderson interfering with Machida's run at the title. That'd be like a double rainbow.

Hendo was 11 years older than Shogun. He is over 40 now and wants to fight Jones who is younger than Weidman. Your point is not as good as you think it is. Age is only a problem if you dont stay in shape. Anderson looks as good now as he did 4-5 years ago. I dont think Weidman deserves the shot until he wins one more top 10 (preferably a top 5). Hendricks had to beat 3 top ten (includng 2 top 5) for his shot. MW is now starting to deepen so they can afford a few more matches to find the legit contender. I still think Rockhold should fight Weidman for a title eliminator since the UFC is unlikely to give him a SF/UFC belt unification shot (even though gil is).

I disagree in that ring age is a definite factor here.
Andy and Dan have the same number of fights, and anyways, not everyone is dan henderson.
Even if we look at Dan as a freak of Nature, he's been "Fedor-ing" his fights, and gotten through them by throwing his h-bomb the same way fedor got by throwing his overhand right before it stopped working and his losing streak started.

Shape is good for strength and accuracy, but it's no good for speed, which is something andy has always utilized in offense and defense.

-and hendo wants to fight jones because he knows the end is near and jones holds the belt, so that is a valid point. Hendo has nothing to lose challenging jones.

Bet its Rockhold. Weidman is injuredish. Rockhold would be a decent excuse to let him cut ahead. Silva even has said in the past he would like that fight.

I must disagree my fellow Victorian...

JBJ whoops everyone in the UFC except Anderson Silva.

Anderson would use his incredible hand speed to land crushing shots on Jones face and will win by a 3rd round TKO

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then, amigo. Bones is longer, stronger, and more than capable of putting Anderson on his back (like Sonnen did) and pounding his way past his guard (like Sonnen did), and submitting Anderson (which Sonnen couldn't). Bones is the best wrestler in the UFC this side of Cormier and Cain so there's no way Anderson stops his shot and Jones' ground game is unbelievable.

That being said, I think Anderson presents the most interesting challenge to Bones' LHW reign and I might actually be rooting for Anderson for once. Probably not though.

I REALLY want to see Silva lose.

I'd prefer he move up to 205 and get killed by JBJ, but he clearly doesn't want none of that so give him Weidman and let's see what Mr. Christopher is all about. If he's as good as I believe him to be, he's got a chance in this one, which is more than can be said about the majority of other contenders' names being floated around.

Anderson is very durable and a better fighter than Vitor or Rashad, and I'm pretty sure if Vitor and Rashad can last 4-5 rounds with Bones I do not see Bones "killing" Silva. Silva would not be an easy fight for Bones by any means.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one then, amigo. Bones is longer, stronger, and more than capable of putting Anderson on his back (like Sonnen did) and pounding his way past his guard (like Sonnen did), and submitting Anderson (which Sonnen couldn't). Bones is the best wrestler in the UFC this side of Cormier and Cain so there's no way Anderson stops his shot and Jones' ground game is unbelievable.

That being said, I think Anderson presents the most interesting challenge to Bones' LHW reign and I might actually be rooting for Anderson for once. Probably not though.

I REALLY want to see Silva lose.

I REALLY want the US to invade Canada. Neither of us will get what we want. But I have more time.

Anderson is very durable and a better fighter than Vitor or Rashad, and I'm pretty sure if Vitor and Rashad can last 4-5 rounds with Bones I do not see Bones "killing" Silva. Silva would not be an easy fight for Bones by any means.

"Killing" was too strong a word, but dominating is definitely appropriate. This fight would be interesting because I think Anderson's standup could provide an interesting test for Bones, but I can't see him keeping it standing long enough to actually put it into practice. And there aren't a lot of people who can survive on the bottom against Jones.n I don't see Silva being one of them. I'd foresee a late submission after 3 dominating rounds of GnP if this one occurred.

I REALLY want the US to invade Canada. Neither of us will get what we want. But I have more time.

Your mom's a whore and your dad owes her money.

*ahem* Now, do you truly believe that Anderson Silva is capable of winning his next 10 contracted fights? At 37 years of age, do you think that's likely? If he ends up moving to 205 permanently, do you think it's realistic to expect he'll beat Jon Jones? He's the greatest fighter of alltime and he's still going strong right now, but to say we'll never see him lose is a very bold statement to make. Not impossible, by any means, but if the UFC continue to put him up against the best they have to offer (and, minus Bonnar, they consistently have) he WILL lose eventually. The only question is to whom and in what fashion.

If he faces Jon Jones (and if he moves up to 205, he'll pretty much have to), he'll lose. Badly. If he stays at MW there are at least 3 MW's at present that MIGHT be able to beat him and you can rest assured there are plenty of prospects we'll see introduced in the near future that will be gunning for him. All of this will occur while he continues to age and slip from his prime (at least, in theory). He averages about 2 fights per year so, barring a premature retirement, we'll see how things unfold over the next 5 years. I predict I'll be proven correct before that time is up.

That is all.

You sir are an idiot. So what jones has longer arms, since when its an arm-contest?

Are you trying to compare stand-up technique, fight iq, experience, of anderson vs jones?

Anderson is a much better fighter and its not even close. I would bet against you silva would win.

Move up and fight Jones. I have no interest in Silva fighting GSP.

I thought people were going crazy when I kept seeing Evans mentioned but that might just be next. Weidman might be injured too long and the UFC and analyst seem to think he's got one more match to go still. Rockhold wants Vitor and Evans seems more interested in fighting Silva than last now that I finally read the article. We'll see...

Weidman should be next for Silva and Rockhold/Belfort should be a number one contender match. Evans said he wants Anderson, but still not sure about cutting to 185. If he is ready to cut to 185, he should be next, and Weidman vs. Belfort should be a number one contender match. Rockhold can fight Costa/Lombard next if that takes place.

You sir are an idiot. So what jones has longer arms, since when its an arm-contest?

Are you trying to compare stand-up technique, fight iq, experience, of anderson vs jones?

Anderson is a much better fighter and its not even close. I would bet against you silva would win.

I'm saying that Jones' longer limbs and his ability to control distance with them would present Silva with a problem he hasn't really had to face before. That, coupled with Jones' takedowns, ground game and cardio would lead him to a dominant victory, probably a late sub.

Anderson does have better overall standup, but it's negated by Jones' grappling. As far as experience goes, Jones has already cleared out the entire LHW division and, except for maybe three possible contenders, he doesn't have any really credible threats. Silva's cleared out the UFC MW division himself. Overall, Silva has more experience and has faced more adversity, but Jones has been under the spotlight long enough to know how to handle big fights and he's got the right camp behind him to execute a solid fight strategy against Anderson.

As for fight IQ, I'd say it's even. Jones always has a great gameplan going into every fight and he has a very cerebral way of executing it. Anderson is the same in that respect, but again he has been grapplefucked in the past by guys who are nowhere near where Jones is at now. Combine that with the fact that Silva will be at least 38 by the time this fight happens (which I doubt it ever will) and I really don't see Silva puling this one out.

Or even coming close.

I would bet against you Jones wins.

So there.

Back