Anderson Silva vs Demetrious Johnson Opponent quality

I'll make this quick....

DJ fought much better opponents than Anderson and is a much, much, much better fighter than Anderson ever was....

This is not debatable.
giphy.gif

Tj offered to come down to his division. And tj was a champion of a division that has much more Talent. And is the champion again and DJ still running scared of him.

Anderson took a fight at 205 against Daniel Cormier on two days notice. DJ had weeks to prepare and he chose to fight a can who missed weight.
TJ has no wins at 125 and a title to defend.

love you guys but y'all are living in the past.

whittaker would decimate prime Anderson...

And there really is no prime anderson because he was jacked up on dick pills, pre-usada

Whittaker got torched at Welterweight.

Anderson would have tuned him up, when did you start watching MMA, last year?

The thing that the stats don't tell you is how uncompetitive Anderson's fights were against these highly ranked opponents.

Go back watch them all and come back with the same opinion, I dare you.

GSP will smother him if they fight

I'll make this quick....

DJ fought much better opponents than Anderson and is a much, much, much better fighter than Anderson ever was....

This is not debatable.
Dunce

So you read records or watch fights?

TJ has no wins at 125 and a title to defend.

And all of his potential opponents are booked right now and Demetrius already avoided him like the plague once already.
It is for him not having any wins at 125 in every combat sport ever especially in MMA I post examples if you like.
If you are coming down from a higher class that you are or x champion of that title shot is generally given to you in the new division.
That even applies if you are ranked in the top 5.

Just check out BJ Penn Randy Couture Vitor Belfort Frankie Edgar.

I think you know that if TJ fights DJ Demetrius will be completely and utterly exposed.

Dunce

So you read records or watch fights?

I do both....

And as the gentlemen below pointed out. I do in fact dislike Anderson Silva for many perfectly legitimate reasons.

And yes....DJ is a much, much, much better fighter than Anderson Silva ever was, and faced much better competition. That is a perfectly legitimate statement.

Back