Anderson Silva says UFC fight with GSP still possible

Should have happened back in the day.

That would have been the biggest fight in UFC history.

Still down for it in 2018/19.
People will hate but in the end we'll all watch the fight if it happens.

In their primes, it would have been a wild fight. These days I think GSP takes it by having less wear and tear and a strong wrestling game.

Anderson became the Welterweight champion in 2001 after he beat the #1 WW in the world so not sure what you are talking about. Anderson has been the best in 2 different divisions and fought at LHW against a former champion, while GSP has always been scared of moving up and facing the GOAT

hqdefault.jpg

I was in Japan when that fight happened....no one knows now but at the time, Sakurai imo was the best pound for pound fighter in the world,...was undefeated and WW Shooto champion for ages,...then comes Anderson,...and beats him...everyone here in Japan was in complete shock,...and the rest is history.

Funny how post USADA GSP is the same guy as Pre USADA GSP. No positive test. Keep crying and accusing by all means.

if they weren't chickens they would agree in heartbeat and make millions

People will hate but in the end we'll all watch the fight if it happens.

In their primes, it would have been a wild fight. These days I think GSP takes it by having less wear and tear and a strong wrestling game.

I've thought each of them would win at different points over the years.

I really do think the fight could go either way in 2018.

GSP would probably do well until he got hit with something big, I think Anderson would be very patient and explosive, so GSP would have to be air tight with his defense. Putting GSP in the same position as Bisping was against Anderson, I'm not sure GSP survives that. I don't think he does.

Then again, if GSP can do what Chael did, which is very possible, things would be much different. Still the threat of elbows from the bottom from Silva is significant.

I favor Anderson, but wouldn't be surprised if GSP won either. It's too bad we never saw it sooner. Maybe it would have turned into 2 or 3 great fights.

Anyways, sorry for ranting. This idea of this fight has been around for so long that I've thought about it way too much over the years.

Lol.

Anderoid still trying to stay relevant. GSP wouldn’t waste his time on a guy like him

Anderson became the Welterweight champion in 2001 after he beat the #1 WW in the world so not sure what you are talking about. Anderson has been the best in 2 different divisions and fought at LHW against a former champion, while GSP has always been scared of moving up and facing the GOAT

hqdefault.jpg
Is that the original BJ Penn tippy toe stance

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/...ght-with-georges-st-pierre-gsp-still-possible

Anderson Silva wants to get back “as fast as possible” to the Octagon, and won’t rule out the possibility of finally facing former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

“The Spider”, free to compete again in November, spoke with MMA Fighting about the idea of facing the Canadian star in a superfight that was desired for years, when both dominated their respective divisions in the UFC, but never came to fruition.

“Anything is possible in the UFC, man,” Silva said. “It’s a very eclectic company, with a broad vision of the sport. They are going through a new moment, a moment of entertainment, so anything can happen.”

“I think the decisions have to be made at the time they have to be made,” Silva said when asked about GSP moving up to middleweight when he was no longer the champion. “I think he had a good strategy, did a good fight with Bisping. They are both great fighters. If we didn’t fight that’s because it really shouldn’t have happened.”

Don’t be scared Georges! Make it happen Dana!

View attachment 408823

View attachment 408821
In!

Need to be a catchweight tho.
(178lbs ?)

GSP shouldn't let a roided cheat get what he want that easy.

Damn and so late in their careers ah well will still watch!

giphy.gif

Can we haz nice tingz?

When did anderson ever fight at WW? or are you claiming GSP is ducking someone not in his weight class? which means anderson and jones are duckers, I wouldn't call them 2 duckers but they have cheating in common
I+would+love+to+see+a+back+and+forth+debate+_5b2a92807afc8b405653aa7f1c5e14b2.gif
He actually did fight at WW at one point in his career. Five or six years ago he brought up cutting down again for this fight, it just never happened.

untitled-001.png

GSP is back!

Anderson Siilva has been cleared by USADA!

hqdefault.jpg

Would you still be up for this fight Sherbros?

In!

Need to be a catchweight tho.
(178lbs ?)

GSP shouldn't let a roided cheat get what he want that easy.
Anderson would stiffen HGH gut easily and that’s why GSP would never take the fight.

Is that why GSP ducked Anderson for half a decade?

1. You can't duck someone whose not in your weight class. Only idiots have adopted this concept, notice how GSP fans dont claim Andy ducked Jon Jones even though there is a better case for it. Because we are not idiots.

2.GSP has never turned it down well active, the only time they offered him the fight was after he retired.

3.The fight was close to materialise, but then Andy had that horrible fight with Maia, where Dana then says ar the press conference that Andy doesn't deserve a fight with GSP.

4.it was obvious that both Andy and GSP were UFC cash cows, and if you look at the numbers they generate, you would pull better numbers from each headlining their own PPV's and combining the numbers then a super fight which wouldnt be any better except killing off one of there marketability.

As much as we hate it, Andy and GSP dominant runs at the same time contributed to one anothers popularity, somethint the UFC wasnt ready to sacrifice until GSP walked away.

Definitely not in the UFC, but a simple Wiki search would tell you Anderson fought at 168lbs in Shooto, and I'm pretty sure when he got DQ'd against Okami it was at 170.

When did anderson ever fight at WW? or are you claiming GSP is ducking someone not in his weight class? which means anderson and jones are duckers, I wouldn't call them 2 duckers but they have cheating in common
I+would+love+to+see+a+back+and+forth+debate+_5b2a92807afc8b405653aa7f1c5e14b2.gif

GSP is slimming down to fight Conor or Khabib. He aint fighting no MWs no more.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/...ght-with-georges-st-pierre-gsp-still-possible

Anderson Silva wants to get back “as fast as possible” to the Octagon, and won’t rule out the possibility of finally facing former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

“The Spider”, free to compete again in November, spoke with MMA Fighting about the idea of facing the Canadian star in a superfight that was desired for years, when both dominated their respective divisions in the UFC, but never came to fruition.

“Anything is possible in the UFC, man,” Silva said. “It’s a very eclectic company, with a broad vision of the sport. They are going through a new moment, a moment of entertainment, so anything can happen.”

“I think the decisions have to be made at the time they have to be made,” Silva said when asked about GSP moving up to middleweight when he was no longer the champion. “I think he had a good strategy, did a good fight with Bisping. They are both great fighters. If we didn’t fight that’s because it really shouldn’t have happened.”

Don’t be scared Georges! Make it happen Dana!

View attachment 408823

View attachment 408821
Come on Andy...Just stop it man. I love you but it's over man. Let it go...Smh!

Lol.

Anderoid still trying to stay relevant. GSP wouldn’t waste his time on a guy like him

Anderson is clean.

He wants to put GSP to sleep. It will help with his anxiety that is a problem for GSP.

Back