Anderson silva doing some light sparring

Love him, always, but he's getting lit up and retiring (I hope).

i-taught-anderson-silva-that-knife-defense.jpg

Lucky he had that body protector on

43 and still doing this at the highest level.. goat

That's the way I like to spar, now that I'm older. But the sparring partner has to be pretty experienced to be able to go that lightly. The younger, unexperienced guys, usually go pretty hard. (I did too when I was younger, because I really liked that adrenaline rush)

One More Battle Andy, we're with you till the end!

WAR ANDY!

tenor.gif

Like the punch to the thigh he does towards the end. He did that in the Leites fight, correct?

Like the punch to the thigh he does towards the end. He did that in the Leites fight, correct?

yep he did that against leites..

yoel borrowed that from silva.. used it to throw rockhold off enough for yoel to close that distance in a blink..

benson used it againt nate a couple of times..

Looks like Frode Falch doing bag work post injury trying to get back into shape!

This is how MMA-fighters should spar the majority of the time. Anderson knows.

He defo looks better than chuck did. so there's that.

That's the way I like to spar, now that I'm older. But the sparring partner has to be pretty experienced to be able to go that lightly. The younger, unexperienced guys, usually go pretty hard. (I did too when I was younger, because I really liked that adrenaline rush)

Its the way thais spar.

The problem with Silva is the same problem Roy Jones went through later in his career.

When your entire style of fighting depends on fast reflexes and trickory rather than fundamentals, good luck doing that when your reflexes start going away once father time hits. Thats why Bisping gave him trouble with just the basics. Prime Silva would starch all these guys standing up.

I will be rooting heavily for Silva. One last magic in the cage is what im hoping for. But i fear the worst might happen in there. The last thing I need to see is someone doing to Silva what Silva has done to many. Not just beating him by knockout. But school him in the stand up.

Last edited:
The problem with Silva is the same problem Roy Jones went through later in his career.

When your entire style of fighting depends on fast reflexes and trickory rather than fundamentals, good luck doing that when your reflexes start going away once father time hits. Thats why Bisping gave him trouble with just the basics. Prime Silva would starch all these guys standing up.

I will be rooting heavily for Silva. One last magic in the cage is what im hoping for. But i fear the worst might happen in there. The last thing I need to see is someone doing to Silva what Silva has done to many. Not just beating him by knockout. But school him in the stand up.

Yeah i agree 100%.... but i feel like Silva can still perform well when he has a full Muay Thai stance and just picks his shots and not bob and weave, like if he fought like he fought in the James Irvin fight, i think he'll be fine.

That’s such a useless sparring

What is he working on exactly?

You better off putting on all the gear n going 50 n 40% than this thing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back