Media And the MMA Narrative That Made the Highest Profile Story Tonight Was...

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

MMA: Claressa Shields beats Kelsey De Santis to make history in Saudi Arabia​

Undisputed boxing world champion Claressa Shields secured her second victory in MMA after a split decision win over Kelsey De Santis in Riyadh.
The fight made history as the first professional MMA bout in Saudi Arabia featuring two women.
Shields, a three-weight world champion in boxing, was visibly emotionally when she was confirmed the winner.
"There was days in camp where I was literally in tears. I didn't want to go back because it was so hard," she said.
The MMA event came 18 months after British fighter Ramla Ali and the Dominican Republic's Crystal Garcia Nova became the first female boxers to compete in a pro fight in the kingdom.
Shields was competing on the undercard of the Professional Fighters League's champion versus champion event, in which Bellator's best compete against the PFL's best.
Women's rights continues to be a major issue in the country despite recent reforms, and human rights groups continue to say sport as a whole is being used by the Saudi government to distract from long-standing reputation issues and accuse it of sportswashing by investing in high-profile events.
For Shields, a two-weight undisputed boxing champion, it was her first MMA fight since 2021. The American was beaten in her second MMA fight, having won her first bout in June 2021 by stoppage.
After starting strongly, De Santis tried to take advantage of Shields' novice capabilities on the ground but the boxer's striking in the first two rounds was enough to convince two of the three judges at cageside.
"It has such a hard camp. It's not easy what I'm trying to do. I've been so respectful of the sport and I put in a lot of work," Shields added.
She is part of a rare group of boxers like former UFC champion Holly Holms who have tried their hand at MMA beyond a one-time fight.
The 28-year-old is undefeated in 14 pro fights in boxing and is regarded by many as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, female boxer of all time.

---

Those PFL boys are sharp.

This isn't a knock on the UFC or anything, but this is the MMA headline for the night/month rather than run-of-the-mill results.

Surprised?
Woke media?
Good call?

That was officially the worst fight I've ever seen, even topping CM Punk. Shields looked like she never trained a day in her life (she got worse somehow). Not only that, her striking was even terrible. Winging punches left and right while over extending and falling all over herself, It was bad. It look like she never boxed a day in her life. People owe it to themselves to watch it, y'all will be in amazement how terrible she's gotten. Lol

The rest of the card was fantastic btw, I enjoyed it.

Last edited:
That was officially the worst fight I've ever seen, even topping CM Punk. Shields looked like she never trained a day in her life. Not only that, her striking was even terrible. Winging punches left and right while over extending and falling all over herself. It was terrible. She look like she never boxed a day in her life. People owe it to themselves to watch it, y'all will be in aw. Lol

The rest of the card was fantastic btw.
CM Punk is a living legend

If that's the biggest news of the card then it really shows how weak the card was lol.
It was a really terrible fight, I don't think anyone remembers this as the story of the month more than Volk getting sparked.
PFL will keep putting on Saudi cards as long as the money lasts, but outside of a few fighters they've acquired like Vadim and Jackson, they are the definitive B/retirement leagues.

So the "journalist" spelled Holly Holm wrong or did the OP?

BBC.

Shields, a three-weight world champion in boxing, was visibly emotionally

is another error.

There's no author credited that I can see, so it might even be AI.

(although AI probably knows Holly Holm is Holm, not Holms)

Yet wasn’t even on the main card and was fighting a girl who’s record is 1-3.
the idea of the main card was to make PFL champions x Bellator champions. She's a just prospect with like 2 fights or something...

the idea of the main card was to make PFL champions x Bellator champions. She's a just prospect with like 2 fights or something...

Yoel Romero vs. Thiago Santos was on the main card. When was either of them a champion in Bellator or PFL?

Its honestly kind of shocking how garbage she is. The performances themselves arent as bad as CM Punks but then when you take into account she actually has an elite level combat sports background and is in her prime unlike him, it really does look weird as fuck seeing her struggle so much.

She fights someone who is 3-6 in her debut and comes about 30 seconds away from losing the decision, fights a 2-0 chick and actually does lose, (then that chick loses 3 of her next 4) now gets a split decision over a 1-2 35 year old who ate her punches and almost snapped her arm in half. We are now almost 3 years past her MMA debut and shes still this bad.

What makes you say it was the biggest headline of the night? Just because you saw an article about it? I as well as I bet at least 90% of the people here didn’t even know that she was fighting today. And if us who come on this site who obviously follow the sport pretty closely do you really think some random person was going to be like. Oh shit Clarissa shields is fighting today in some random organization in Saudi Arabia im gonna find a way to watch that instead of watching the ufc.

And I mean no disrespect to Clarissa when I say that I knew who she was when she was still boxing way before she got into mma.

Shields only won by cheating btw. She kicked her opponent in the head to escape an armbar and received no penalty. Should have been scored a draw at best for her.

Funny thing is no one cares cause it’s so hilariously irrelevant

Claressa really is one of the most unlikable fighters there is

Shields was atrocious but De Santis gassing completely after half a round was priceless too.

Yoel Romero vs. Thiago Santos was on the main card. When was either of them a champion in Bellator or PFL?
at least they are former contenders. She is not an elite MMA fighter, just a recognizable name.

Ive been looking at Mma sites for hours this morning ing cos I missed bitch events yesterday and this is the first mention of this move seen. Wipe your pussy off and go to work.

Back