ammature fighters training schedule

shouldercharge

Dave Camarillo idoliser
Reaction score
mixed martial artists(or boxers/kickboxers) with good amature records please post your training shchedules,would appreciate it if you could include any cardio and strength training as well as what technique training you do in a typical week.

monday : 1 hour boxing/ 1 hour mma
tuesday : 1 hour boxing/ 1 hour mma
wednesday : 1 hour boxing/ 1 hour mma
thursday : mma
friday : Bjj
Saturday : Bjj
Sunday : rest

Try to do some cardio/weight training in between , sometimes skip a bjj lesson for cardio/weight.

When i do cardio/weight training , i try to do hiit training , weight training making alot of reps .

monday 5 am: weights until 6:30
4pm: thai rounds
5:30pm: jujitsu
7:30pm mma fighters//sparring

tuesday 5 am: run till 6:30
4pm:thai rounds
5:30:muaythai class
6:30pm:sparring
7:30: wrestling//jujitsu

wednesday same as monday and thursday the same as tuesday.

friday Is sprints for 1 hour, thai rounds in the morning and the afternoon, wrestling at night

saturday is hills for 1 hour, thai rounds, jujitsu for about 45 mins and then weights for an hour.

sundays Is a 6 or 7 km light jog and eat junk food

When training for an upcoming fight this is my schedule,
I train 5 days a week muay thai, monday, wednesday, thursday, friday and sat. Those days I train for 3 hours. Usually the classes are split between condition, technique and sparring. On tuesdays and saturday I weight train for about an hour an half. I also run every day 10km in the mornings.
This schedule is for about 2 months prior to my fight, when I don't have a fight coming I usually only train twice a week for 2 hours muay thai and twice a week weight training.

I try and run 10km every morning, but in practice it's usually 5 times a week.

I train Muay Thai six days a week for an hour and a half or so - shadow boxing, bag work, pads, and sporadic sparring.

I do weights erratically.

My amateur record is mediocre. I wonder why?

I try and run 10km every morning, but in practice it's usually 5 times a week.

I train Muay Thai six days a week for an hour and a half or so - shadow boxing, bag work, pads, and sporadic sparring.

I do weights erratically.

My amateur record is mediocre. I wonder why?

Sometimes fighters will miss that IT factor, that they will later find in there careers.

Maybe you will find that one technique that you will love and will rely on someday, you probably just havent found it yet

monday 5 am: weights until 6:30
4pm: thai rounds
5:30pm: jujitsu
7:30pm mma fighters//sparring

tuesday 5 am: run till 6:30
4pm:thai rounds
5:30:muaythai class
6:30pm:sparring
7:30: wrestling//jujitsu

wednesday same as monday and thursday the same as tuesday.

friday Is sprints for 1 hour, thai rounds in the morning and the afternoon, wrestling at night

saturday is hills for 1 hour, thai rounds, jujitsu for about 45 mins and then weights for an hour.

sundays Is a 6 or 7 km light jog and eat junk food

I wish i could train like this , but i have a job :p .

Ive got 2 jobs, college, and a plethora of other shit + my training. You can guess what takes the back seat :(

Sometimes fighters will miss that IT factor, that they will later find in there careers.

Maybe you will find that one technique that you will love and will rely on someday, you probably just havent found it yet

Yeah, still working on that dragon punch...

I like to do the conditioning, running or weight training in the morning. I got used to it so much that I can't even function through the rest of the day without it. I feel great when I train before sunrise just feels much better.

I train bjj 3x a week, wrestling and kickboxing almost daily. weight training about 2-3 times a week. conditioning is done through out the day as I do lots of mobility drills. but sometimes I skip bjj for some swimming, I like to swim a lot. There is no excuse for no time for training you can always workout before sunrise then go to work/college, and train again at night :)

There is no excuse for no time for training you can always workout before sunrise then go to work/college, and train again at night :)

While I think training before sunrise depends alot more on the hours you work, I actually do agree with your point. I find it's much easier to blame every factor besides myself for my lack of motivation some days. I just need to be consistant if I want to pursue fighting.

When preping for a fight: 3-4BJJ sessions, 3-4striking sessions, 1-2wrestling sessions, 1-2weight lifting sessions, 3-4conditionings sessions per week.

When not preping for a fight: 4BJJ sessions, 1-2strikings sessions, 2weight lifting sessions, 1conditioning session with some sporadic wrestling weekly.

mon: 1 hr strength training 1 hr wrestling 1 hr boxing
tue: 1 hr muay thai 1 hr bjj 1.5 hr cardio/ speed/ agility drills
wed: rest
thur/fri same as mon/tue
saturday: 6 mile run around the lake

mon: 1 hr strength training 1 hr wrestling 1 hr boxing
tue: 1 hr muay thai 1 hr bjj 1.5 hr cardio/ speed/ agility drills
wed: rest
thur/fri same as mon/tue
saturday: 6 mile run around the lake

what do your cardio/speed/agility sessions consist of?

When preping for a fight: 3-4BJJ sessions, 3-4striking sessions, 1-2wrestling sessions, 1-2weight lifting sessions, 3-4conditionings sessions per week.

this is very similar to what my weekly schedule is soon to be like.
3-4bjj sessions 2 sessions bjj 1night(sunday) judo dedicated to newaza(and we roll for 3 or 4 rounds every other night of judo.)
3-4 striking sessions 2 sessions muay thai plus one hour private lesson.
1-2 wrestling. 3 nights judo top quality school and instruction.
1-2weights.3 weights session
3-4 conditioning 2 condditioning.
plus 1 all aspects mma class drilling takedowns and ground work with strikes.and sparring

This comment might be naive but how do you avoid overtraining? Let me begin by saying I have no fighting experience - I just train a lot of BJJ and muay thai. I'm finding it difficult to incorporate weight training into my schedule.
If you have say weight sessions twice a week and then you train muay thai next day for 1.5hrs (or even that afternoon), how are you giving your body enough time to recover after the weight session? My understanding is that a muscle group should be given around 48hrs to recover post weight workout to allow the DOMS and muscle growth/repair to occur properly.

This comment might be naive but how do you avoid overtraining? Let me begin by saying I have no fighting experience - I just train a lot of BJJ and muay thai. I'm finding it difficult to incorporate weight training into my schedule.
If you have say weight sessions twice a week and then you train muay thai next day for 1.5hrs (or even that afternoon), how are you giving your body enough time to recover after the weight session? My understanding is that a muscle group should be given around 48hrs to recover post weight workout to allow the DOMS and muscle growth/repair to occur properly.
I wouldn't worry about time tables aka 48 hours for recovery or whatever, but how you're body feels and how you perform.

Eat enough healthy fats proteins and complex carbs and get 8 hours of sleep and you should be good. If you are particularly sore or tired just take the day off.

Btw heavy weight lifting makes you more susceptible to injuries so if you are trying to gain strength of explosiveness you may need an extra rest day from bjj or mt

Back