Amir Kahn vs Chris Algieri.

I turn 39 on the 6th.

after that fight, it proves Khan should never fight May or Pac

I would prefer Khan vs Pac over Khan vs Floyd.

I think it would be exciting fight since I like to see fast combos and I think they would throw a lot, but I could see Amir being cautious and one thing that would put my excitement down is the fact that I simply wouldn't believe in Amir's chances very much.

Ratings-

Averages 1 mill viewers, peaks at 1.12 mill.

So Khan now saying that his trainer worked him too hard and that's the reason why he didn't look that fast and that he needs to become his own boss now..

So Khan now saying that his trainer worked him too hard and that's the reason why he didn't look that fast and that he needs to become his own boss now..

Khan is not helping himself

Whats going on with Khan is that he's trying to change his style fairly late in his career and probably doesn't really have the ring IQ to pull it off. Khans gone from being a good aggressive volume puncher to a guy who is trying to be more slick and pot shot and counter like Mayweather on the outside and he's not very good at it, countering especially.

Virgil Hunter has done Khan no favors.

Whats going on with Khan is that he's trying to change his style fairly late in his career and probably doesn't really have the ring IQ to pull it off. Khans gone from being a good aggressive volume puncher to a guy who is trying to be more slick and pot shot and counter like Mayweather on the outside and he's not very good at it, countering especially.

Virgil Hunter has done Khan no favors.

To be fair I don't think Virgil wants him fighting like that either necessarily. He was pleading with Khan to stay in the pocket with Chris (something I don't think Amir wants to do). They aren't a good combo and I don't think Amir will find anyone who can help him because he doesn't seem to want it.

Algieri actually has an OK inside game, Khan is terrible inside.

Hunter is not good in the corner. I thought he was going to get Angulo killed against Canelo.

Algieri actually has an OK inside game, Khan is terrible inside.

Hunter is not good in the corner. I thought he was going to get Angulo killed against Canelo.

I agree. He is a great pairing with Ward, not a great trainer.

to be fair, Khan looked to be in relatively poor shape in this fight

I didn't notice that but regardless making excuses to get you into the biggest fight of your career doesnt help your cause.

I think floyd needs to lower his expectations for ppv numbers. Fight someone easy maybe khan I guess but wait till a star emerges from this crop of fighters and fight them

I don't think Khan was in bad shape, I think he totally overlooked Algieri and went in their thinking he'd do a number on him and look amazing in the process. But Algeiri surprised everyone by taking it to Khan, giving him everything he could handle and then some. Khan had no gameplan to deal with Algeiri's unexpected offence and he doesn't have the ring IQ to adjust on the fly. I think that's why the Hill/Khan combination doesn't work that great compared to Hill/Ward, as Ward is a thinking adaptable fighter who can do it all.

I sense everyone in this forum wants to see Kell molest Khan, break him down methodically over the rounds until he is dominated and boxed into the corner awaiting the final money shot punch that will end him. Am i correct in assuming this?

I didn't notice that but regardless making excuses to get you into the biggest fight of your career doesnt help your cause.

I think floyd needs to lower his expectations for ppv numbers. Fight someone easy maybe khan I guess but wait till a star emerges from this crop of fighters and fight them

yeah, I thought he looked less defined and muscular than previously

Floyd ain't making Pac money again, I think a rematch with the Cotto/Canelo winner would sell well though.

Also, I think a fight with Brook in the UK would be great for his legacy. Not so much for the win over Brook, but rather, because he went to the other side of the pond and finally proved that he will face a top opponent in their home nation. Obviously not a requisite, Mayweather already had a tremendous legacy and he has never taken what you could call a "home decision" but it'd definitely give him some "road warrior" cred (a rematch with Cotto in NYC would do the same thing too).

Back