Amino Spiking - MyProtein Impact Whey

maddog00

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Was just watching Youtube on Amino Spiking. What i always looked for was Amino Acids in the ingredients but there is none there but then when you look on the front of the package it says 4.5g BCAAs and 3.5 Glutamine for 19g of protein. So does that mean it is only 11 grams of protein??? I feel duped

If this is true what protein do you recommend. I trust stuff that is posted on Labdoor

After reading a lot more about myprotein seems ok

Was just watching Youtube on Amino Spiking. What i always looked for was Amino Acids in the ingredients but there is none there but then when you look on the front of the package it says 4.5g BCAAs and 3.5 Glutamine for 19g of protein. So does that mean it is only 11 grams of protein??? I feel duped

If this is true what protein do you recommend. I trust stuff that is posted on Labdoor

Amino spiking is filling with cheap aminoacids to up the total protein count and cut back on the actual amount of high quality whey they sell you. What you're describing seems like they're just telling you the average amount of each amino acid contained in each scoop of 19g of protein; so just a marketing message.

As far as I know the most important aminoacid for muscle synthesis is Leucine, and the best protein source is whey protein isolate. I would look for a whey isolate that has as few extra ingredients as possible and as high a leucine count as possible. But what you're describing seems like common packaging marketing messages, not spiking.

Back