America's problem just became Canada's problem...

I don't know anyone who rolled their eyes at the blight you guys have faced. I think you may have been getting that from obvious bs politically correct media reports.

Blight? seriously fuck off.

Poor Americans having to deal with cheap labor to do the shittiest jobs in town.

Blight? seriously fuck off.

Poor Americans having to deal with cheap labor to do the shittiest jobs in town.
It is and has been a blight, even if it makes you feel uncomfortable(I get that considering where you're from). Maybe if they did it legally and didn't bring what turned they're home countries into the mess it is, it would be a different conversation.

There arent that many, and most of them are flown in seasonally to pick crops and then go back.

The only canadian mexicans i know are women who are married to Canadians.
Ah the handful in bc.

It is and has been a blight, even if it makes you feel uncomfortable(I get that considering where you're from). Maybe if they did it legally and didn't bring what turned they're home countries into the mess it is, it would be a different conversation.

Pfft, states with illegals tend to have the most dynamic and vibrant economies.

There is a fucking reason US politicians do shit about the issue, for all the grandstanding Trump is doing he wont go after the employers, which everyone knows who they are, because people hate illegals but like cheap labor.

There is a fucking reason US politicians do shit about the issue, for all the grandstanding Trump is doing he wont go after the employers, which everyone knows who they are, because people hate illegals but like cheap labor.
So if they're so awesome, why not do it the legal way? Try to leave catch phrases and buzzwords out of it, you can do it.

So if they're so awesome, why not do it the legal way? Try to leave catch phrases and buzzwords out of it, you can do it.

Because there is no legal way for the vast majority of them. And since they are already there, there is no incentive to get reform done, not without pissing off the xenophobic states that dont even have them.

The thing is that kicking them out is easy as shit.

Because there is no legal way for the vast majority of them. And since they are already there, there is no incentive to get reform done, not without pissing off the xenophobic states that dont even have them.

The thing is that kicking them out is easy as shit.
If there's no legal way, then stay home. Follow the rules or take the shit that comes your way.

If there's no legal way, then stay home. Follow the rules or take the shit that comes your way.

Thats good on paper, but the reality is that if you are giving them jobs they wont leave.

If you really want to kick them out, you could grandstand all you want or you can simply remove the beacon that keeps calling them.

Thats good on paper, but the reality is that if you are giving them jobs they wont leave.

If you really want to kick them out, you could grandstand all you want or you can simply remove the beacon that keeps calling them.
I agree. Personally I'd start rounding them up on busses and back over the border with them if they're unwilling to become citizens for tax purposes. I'd also greatly reduce social services, and add some other goodies(forced birthcontrol/etc), so the incentive isn't there for anyone looking to just set up shop.

That's because places with dynamic and vibrant economies produce a lot of jobs and the illegals are drawn to them; the illegals aren't the ones causing the dynamism and vibrancy, they're just hitching a ride with it. If it were as easy as importing a ton of illegals to make your local economy so great, then shitty states would build highways directly to poor areas of Mexico.

Abstract-ideas-reality.png

You've always refused to cast your discriminating eye on your own country.

No, im actually quite critical of my home country, something you are unable to do.

That's because places with dynamic and vibrant economies produce a lot of jobs and the illegals are drawn to them; the illegals aren't the ones causing the dynamism and vibrancy, they're just hitching a ride with it. If it were as easy as importing a ton of illegals to make your local economy so great, then shitty states would build highways directly to poor areas of Mexico.

Never said they are the cause, cheap labor is like fuel to any economy, it only adds to it. Which is my point, if illegals were indeed a drag on the economy then measures that actually work would be implemented to kick them out.

I agree. Personally I'd start rounding them up on busses and back over the border with them if they're unwilling to become citizens for tax purposes. I'd also greatly reduce social services, and add some other goodies(forced birthcontrol/etc), so the incentive isn't there for anyone looking to just set up shop.

Or you could go against those that are employing them and thus making the illegals leave on their own, which would be infinitely more cheap.

Or you could go against those that are employing them and thus making the illegals leave on their own, which would be infinitely more cheap.
I'd probably go there to start the round up yes, wouldn't fine them though. Loss of there cheap labor would be sufficient I think. Then find the bumpiest road for the ride to the border/ocean/nearest cliff.

With estimates of 40% of our workforce being replaced by automation in the next 10 years across a huge job spectrum, it is STILL of utmost importance to continue, now and forever, for the population to increase to fuel the all-powerful, worshipped by all God of "Growth".

In the TV show "The Expanse", Earth has grown to a massive population of 30+ billion people, half of them are on welfare, and you have to get a license to have a child.

Too much growth is going to destroy the world just like too much growth destroys living things (aka cancer).

Back