American Overseas Travelers

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do yall try the fast food places like McDonald's, Burger King, etc... Like if you in a place you dont know, and not sure about the local food, do just hit up the Mickey Ds.

I think I went to 1 fast food place in about 8 months of overseas traveling. That's. Like lifetime, not all at once

Do yall try the fast food places like McDonald's, Burger King, etc... Like if you in a place you dont know, and not sure about the local food, do just hit up the Mickey Ds.

I probably would I get really stressed out about exotic foods and I have texture issues

some losers are like that. trying new food out is a perk of being an expat. every now and then its nice to get a burger in especially if you are in a part of the world where bread, cheese, and large amounts of meat aren't on the menu often.
Where i live they have some nicer places to get burgers but because they are semi exotic here a good burger usually is 10 dollars plus. SO if i get a burger craving i hit up one of the places you mentioned to get a cheaper fix.

In over a decade abroad in various countries, I've probably eaten 90% local food....and I will definitely jump on some American food when I find it. Spotted in a Burger King or KFC, I'm probably looked down upon by 2 week tourists who are "totally immersed in the culture." haha

I was born in Poland and lived there til I was 5. I moved back when I was 30 from Vancouver with my wife and 5 year old. We drove from Gdansk to Krakow. We hit up McDonalds and Burger King on the drive. But when we got our apartment we just shopped and cooked for ourselves. We almost never ate out for a year.

Sure. For example McDonald's in Guatemala has done delivery for years, same with the touch screen kiosks. The one in Antigua has a beautiful dining area, with a world class view too.
mcdonald-s.jpg

Nah. I’m not about that goat cheese life anymore. Don’t even eat fast food in the states.

Sorry Cheese.

I guess maybe the novelty of ordering a beer with your meal at Burger King in Frankfurt or Barcelona might be fun since that's not really an option in the states, but otherwise not a chance. Any place worth traveling to is going to have way better local cuisine than the hot garbage churned out by a fast food chain.

The real question is do Mexicans order at Taco Bell after they climb the Donald's wall?

They don't have fatty foods anywhere but the US, didn't you know? Everyone in every other country is fit and healthy.

Kuwait McDonalds is surprisingly close to the American one.

McDonalds delivers here, so i have done that a couple times
But i only eat American fastfood when im drunk or hungover for the most part. And only when im staying in the country a while

If im just on a short travel trip to a new country then i don't waste time on junk food

I’ve done it, but it’s been purely out of convenience in order to save time.

One of my main reasons for traveling is to eat exotic food. Sure you end up with a few days here and there glued to a shitter but its worth it.

And I don't even eat fast food in the states, eating it elsewhere would Fuck my guts up just as bad as eating random street fare.

I did in the Philippines just to see how it compares to the McDonald’s in the US. Was fairly similar.

The one in Tagaytay had an amazing view to.

MC5-1500x800.jpg

i remember the mcdonalds in india being awful when I was younger

Very rarely. I went to Burger King in Amsterdam. Didn't denote a difference. The main difference is you were supposed to pay to use the restroom. I didn't have anything on me and apologized and was excused.

But generally, the fast food is better overseas than it is in the US from what I've heard and seen secondhand.

I’m not against it if the place is known for shit food. Not every country is know for its cuisine, and not every country is even sanitary. My buddy went to India for work and has dealt with parasites for years. My Dad went to Egypt and almost died. I went to Prague and spent 2 days in hospital with food poisoning.

Back