America needs a free market healthcare system

But you're fine with a policy choice that would result in less overall healthcare in society?

Yep...

flat,1000x1000,075,f.u3.jpg

Upon someone's claim that we should abolish slavery on ethical grounds, would your counter then be, "Yeah but who will pick the cotton?"

On ethical grounds, "who will pick the cotton?" doesn't counter the ethical basis for the position. It's a pretty foolish response since at the time, there were plenty of non-slaves (black and white) picking cotton. If that's your idea of what's happening here, it's a decent sign that you should leave him to his own conversation because you're not adding anything of value.

We're on a public forum. I just see him getting ganged up on, and I generally like evening out the numbers.

He's not getting ganged up on and you're not helping his argument at all. You haven't even bothered presenting an actual argument.

Jesus, are you still in nursing school, harry?

Right, it also doesn't make a policy or economic argument either.

And yet here you are asking him the equivalent of how he would incentivize hospitals to take on more residents or what he would do with current employer based insurance system. So in other words.... how will we get the cotton?

America needs a more accessible MD education program. Between the shitload of expensive schooling, low pay and crazy hours during residency, most doctors not on scholarship are still in the red until at least their mid 30s. If school cost was set evenly and education including med school was the same as genderqueer studies, with more scholarships for future Drs, more people would probably go for that and we'd have more Drs.

I don't think universal healthcare would accomplish this since we wouldn't have any more doctors but more people using more services since they aren't paying for them anyway.

Back