AMC's Interview with a Vampire TV Series

I'm just struggling to think of what could actually be done in series form. It doesn't seem like a story that can stretched too long. Like, is this interview gonna last six years, or some shit?

Yeah, there has to be a more fleshed out story to give viewers a reason to keep tuning in. This just can't be all it is, right? The interview over dinner is supposed to have some shock value I guess, but it's pretty generic and doesn't hit like the scene is expected to IMO. I am just not sure what the show is supposed to be anymore. Is it supposed to be campy fun, or a drama? Granted it has only been 2 episodes, but I am just not sure what is supposed to draw in viewers.

Yeah, there has to be a more fleshed out story to give viewers a reason to keep tuning in. This just can't be all it is, right? The interview over dinner is supposed to have some shock value I guess, but it's pretty generic and doesn't hit like the scene is expected to IMO. I am just not sure what the show is supposed to be anymore. Is it supposed to be campy fun, or a drama? Granted it has only been 2 episodes, but I am just not sure what is supposed to draw in viewers.
You think the show is campy fun thus far?

I'm liking the show, but campy fun is definitely not how I'd describe it. I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet, but they already touched on an interesting potential future in the 2nd episode in regards to other vampires out there.

You think the show is campy fun thus far?

I'm liking the show, but campy fun is definitely not how I'd describe it. I haven't watched the 3rd episode yet, but they already touched on an interesting potential future in the 2nd episode in regards to other vampires out there.

The dinner scene, and then when Louie drinks from his human, and the guy staggers off. It was supposed to be kind of funny, right?

But yes, the idea that there are only a hundred or so vamps out in the world, that is pretty interesting.

The dinner scene, and then when Louie drinks from his human, and the guy staggers off. It was supposed to be kind of funny, right?

But yes, the idea that there are only a hundred or so vamps out in the world, that is pretty interesting.
Eh, I mean, kind of? But that was one tiny scene that lasted a few seconds. I didn't think it was really meant as comedy so much as it was just showing how he lives in the modern day, and that there are people that know about vampires and voluntarily sign up to be snacks.

But the overall tone of the show has been serious I'd say.
I'd' say the bulk of the show has been a lot more about the relationship between Lestat and Louis , and Louis trying to get used to vampire life so far.
For the future, I forget exactly what he said at the moment, but Louis mentioned the other vampires around in the interview, and he said it as a bad thing, as in they could be trouble. That leaves a lot of room to introduce new characters and do other stuff.

I'm just struggling to think of what could actually be done in series form. It doesn't seem like a story that can stretched too long. Like, is this interview gonna last six years, or some shit?
This part of the arc is quite short in the movie. He doesn't even leave for Europe yet. I think this arc should be him trying out to be a vampire and then maybe regretting it. Depending on how fast they push the pace, he gets the daughter/lover then murders Lestat this season or next one. I think they have 3-4 seasons of material depending on pace before they start winging it. Look at walking dead. They spend whole season just walking to a prison that was nearby.

I watched the first episode of this right up until the disgusting fat prostitute said he shit her catfish dinner on a guy then I decided this show wan't for me.

I watched the first episode of this right up until the disgusting fat prostitute said he shit her catfish dinner on a guy then I decided this show wan't for me.
Hahaha, yeah I was done with the show after the first episode

This part of the arc is quite short in the movie. He doesn't even leave for Europe yet. I think this arc should be him trying out to be a vampire and then maybe regretting it. Depending on how fast they push the pace, he gets the daughter/lover then murders Lestat this season or next one. I think they have 3-4 seasons of material depending on pace before they start winging it. Look at walking dead. They spend whole season just walking to a prison that was nearby.

supposedly season 2 has a couple of European filming locations and so I am guessing that Lou won't head to Europe until then. just a guess

Eh, I mean, kind of? But that was one tiny scene that lasted a few seconds. I didn't think it was really meant as comedy so much as it was just showing how he lives in the modern day, and that there are people that know about vampires and voluntarily sign up to be snacks.

But the overall tone of the show has been serious I'd say.
I'd' say the bulk of the show has been a lot more about the relationship between Lestat and Louis , and Louis trying to get used to vampire life so far.
For the future, I forget exactly what he said at the moment, but Louis mentioned the other vampires around in the interview, and he said it as a bad thing, as in they could be trouble. That leaves a lot of room to introduce new characters and do other stuff.

This season was awesome, that's all I really have to say.

The first episode of season two was fantastic.

Really excited for this season.

@eddymotto

Great to hear. It’s been so long since the last season that I feel disconnected from the series. I’m interested again based on your review.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back