Ambient Music for Work

Old school psytrance like Astral Projection does it for me. High energy and meditative at the same time, without being a distraction, which is obviously important.

Also, Wagner's Preludes, i.e Tristan und Isolde, are very good.

I produce ambient myself.

My favorite ambient producer is and always will be Richard D. James better known as Aphex Twin. He gave us Rhubarb which is my favorite piece of ambient music

Bohren and der club of gore. It's minimalist jazz, detective jazz... i guess it qualifies as ambient. It's almost too good...

Sir, I applaud you for this recommendation. I will pass this on to any soul looking for sonic guidance.

Boards of Canada, To Rococo Rot, Mouse On Mars, Four Tet, lots of great stuff out there...

I work in the ICU, and when I write my progress notes, I shut out the noise with Arctic Monkeys, Nick Cave, and The Get-Up Kids.

I usually listen to this to help me drift off to sleep so not sure how conducive it is for work focus...

This guys good too

great picks with aphex twin and boards of canada. i'll add biosphere and endura. here are some examples:

I promise you that by the end of this 7 minute song you will find yourself buried beneath several layers of sound.

I've been fooling around with Midi stuff just recently and just randomly record stuff (although I need to sit down and write something actually). This is one I just hit record and came up with:

Not that great, but it's kind of relaxing.

Back