AMAZON PRIME & PBC agree to a deal

According to Rafael, PBC Boxing is hunting for another tv deal and that there is a rumor of “STARZ TV” being interested on having a lower tier events from them, imo like a SHOBOX series from PBC

The cross promotion potential with the NFL and Prime’s promotional strategy is going to be something to keep an eye on, along with the docuseries they are going to create.

This is going to be huuuuge

The cross promotion potential with the NFL and Prime’s promotional strategy is going to be something to keep an eye on, along with the docuseries they are going to create.

This is going to be huuuuge
A reduction in events is not “huuuuge.” Also, they no longer have a network handling the production for them, which means it comes out of PBC’s budget, which means less money for the fighters.

Meanwhile, some members of PBC’s roster are already taken to fighting on club shows to stay busy. This is “sink or swim” for the PBC.

Is anyone here really excited about the prospect of purchasing three PPVs in March? Likely candidates are Tszyu/Lubin, Davis/Cruz 2, and Spence/Crawford 2, none of which strike me as PPV worthy.

Is anyone here really excited about the prospect of purchasing three PPVs in March? Likely candidates are Tszyu/Lubin, Davis/Cruz 2, and Spence/Crawford 2, none of which strike me as PPV worthy.
Tszyu vs Lubin is not going to be a PPV

Tszyu vs Lubin is not going to be a PPV
I certainly hope not! It might actually be a decent fight, but not a $60-$80 fight. The other two, assuming they happen, will definitely be PPV. I wonder who will guarantee the purses. Davis, Crawford and Spence are all used to fighting for a lot of money these days, and I can't see them taking less than they made the last time around. I guess this is where the suckers come in, but are there any left who want to invest millions in two fights that will surely be PPV flops?

I certainly hope not! It might actually be a decent fight, but not a $60-$80 fight. The other two, assuming they happen, will definitely be PPV. I wonder who will guarantee the purses. Davis, Crawford and Spence are all used to fighting for a lot of money these days, and I can't see them taking less than they made the last time around. I guess this is where the suckers come in, but are there any left who want to invest millions in two fights that will surely be PPV flops?
Good fight … Tszyu is a good fighter but now known to the masses in the US… ppv in Australia like always, regular programming in the US…

Gotta love how they're planning a PPV but have no fight lined up.

No announcements yet about the first show. I hope this isn't some hastily thrown together shit no one wants to watch.

Back