Am I the only single person on sherdog who thinks Ngannou will still be champ by the end of 2019?

He’s got the power to make it possible. I wouldn’t bet on it but it also wouldn’t shock me.

DC put Stipe’s lights out. If Ngannou gameplanned and fought the way he just did against Blaydes it could go differently.

It may not be likely but it could happen.

Yet he managed to get absolutely railed by stipe, who most would agree has less wrestling credentials than blades. Is he moving backwards?

Most agree? Don't make stuff up. Stipe was an NCAA div 1 wrestler and is way more proven in mma than Blaydes. White belt status suits you.

if he doesnt improve his tdd and stamina against people like stipe then he wont be. Also if cain comes back he wont be.

It might be possible,but after whats happened to that division,it dont even mean anything anymore.

Not even Ngannou believes that

He doesnt beat Stipe. He got outclassed everywhere and doesnt have a strong enough mental game to comeback from that.

All depends on who he's matched with and what his path to the title looks like

He sure can if DC is outta the picture. You never know at HW and as bad as Stipe beat him, he couldn’t finish.

Address the cardio, shore up wrestling a bit and land the big punch. He’s got the tools

He also needs to learn how to read feints correctly. If he doesn't it's going to end up like the first time. Stipe can feint well, goading him into throwing his punch inopportunely, and then come back with counter-counterpunches and level changes to takedowns.

Heavyweight sucks even a manlet can be champion.

I think he'll be champ at some point if not in 2019. He's young (unless he's really 45) and his only tough fight at this point is Stipe and DC (who is retiring). With a few adjustments, he can win.

Most agree? Don't make stuff up. Stipe was an NCAA div 1 wrestler and is way more proven in mma than Blaydes. White belt status suits you.

Fight metric agrees.... Curtis Blaydes averages 6.75 takesdowns per 15 minutes while Stipe averages 2.38.

While Stipe is very good wrestler, he usually tries to box.

Don't be salty because I'm pointing out the flaws in a mediocre fighter.

it's HW, anything can happen there.

Fight metric agrees.... Curtis Blaydes averages 6.75 takesdowns per 15 minutes while Stipe averages 2.38.

While Stipe is very good wrestler, he usually tries to box.

Don't be salty because I'm pointing out the flaws in a mediocre fighter.

Again, white belt level post. Blaydes goes for more takedowns because he's a one dimensional fighter who has to. Your statistic is meaningless, look at DC who has a lower average than both of them.

Stipe not only has the better credentials in wrestling, he's more proven in mma as well. There is nothing to support your argument and most would agree you are wrong.

TS is the only single person... but I've heard good arguments from married people about this.

Retirement age is 65 in the UK, not sure what it is in Cameroon?

Well it changes to 66 in 2020 and to 67 in 2028 so if he was in the UK he'd get at least an extra couple of years and he lives in France not Cameroon.

Ngannou could win the title but it's unlikely and in 2019.... after the Stipe and Lewis fights and as he only fights 2-3 times a year it seems unlikely he even gets a title fight in 2019.

Again, white belt level post. Blaydes goes for more takedowns because he's a one dimensional fighter who has to. Your statistic is meaningless, look at DC who has a lower average than both of them.

Stipe not only has the better credentials in wrestling, he's more proven in mma as well. There is nothing to support your argument and most would agree you are wrong.

Stipe isn't some kind of MMA god tier wrestler. It's usually not even his strategy. He's not Georges St Pierre, or Khabib, or anything like that.

Blaydes is known for his wrestling. Thats how he bills himself, thats how he trains, and thats how he fights. Stipe might have wrestled D1 in college, but pure wrestling doesn't translate to MMA wrestling that way. Dan Henderson wrestled in the olympics and yet got taken down by Shogun 5 times in their first fight.

We can sit here and argue back and forth about who has the better MMA wrestling all day, but until Stipe and Blaydes are in a cage together theres no way to know for sure.

Anyways, the original point that I was trying to make, is that regardless of who has the better MMA wrestling between Stipe and Blaydes, we know for sure it isn't Ngannou. That is why in my ever so humble opinion, he will not be champion in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back