Am I the only one who felt like Hector won?

sherdog pbp gave it to him too

if hector was american and hendricks foreign, there would be huge outrage

hyperbole much ? You know you are spending too much time in the echo chamber when a few nerds commenting on some trivial fight on an obscure website =" huge outrage".

That fight going either way isn't a robbery, it was fairly close. Hendricks landed slightly cleaner and Hector was more agressive and slighty less effective.

Hendricks did nothing in that fight.
Ran away, got taken down.

I'm not complaining cause I had Johny in an accu but that was Hector's fight

I think Hector won the first 2 rounds. He was throwing huge shots and they were landing. I looked like he hurt Hendricks a couple times, too.

I think Hector had the first two rounds, and Johny took the third.

Hendricks had those knees but I don't think it was enough to win the fight. Hendricks was backing up pretty much the entire fight.

Rd1 - Lombard
Started off not doing much and circling away but then as the round went on he was the aggressor, had all of the cage control, got the takedown from the kick-catch and was the only one throwing anything significant.

Rd2 - Lombard
Hendricks landed 2 or 3 straight lefts and a few knees but nearly all of his significant punches were slipped and some got him caught in a body clinch. Knees were nearly all caught. Lombard was landing the better shots, throwing combinations and won all the clinch against the cage, as well as being the aggressor moving forward.

Rd3 - Hendricks
Hendricks looked busier and stuffed a couple of takedowns but was also moving backwards the entire round and didn't do anything significant. Should have been marked down and lost the round for skipping backwards for 5 minutes but I know that MMA judges are autistic and never notice this so I've stopped arguing against it.

Either way Hendricks definitely shouldn't have been reacting like this considering his shitty performance.
smugricks-png.202801
really-png.202803
oh-dear-png.202805

Attachments

• Smugricks.PNG
    Smugricks.PNG
    427.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Really....PNG
    Really....PNG
    404.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Oh Dear.PNG
    Oh Dear.PNG
    342.6 KB · Views: 47
Lombard won u dumbfucks. Robbed vs hendricks, boetsch, okami was questionable too. Also 9/10 refs stop that magny fight in rd 1.

Hendricks' shots didn't have the impact or damage. Lombard was the aggressor

He now has the most effed up and misleading ufc record of all time

Last edited:
I agree. Lombard won the first two rounds, although the second was much closer and I can kind of see how someone might score it for Hendricks but still thought Lombard edged him out. Also agree that a strong argument can be made for him winning the Okami and Boetsch fights. Personally I believe he more clearly won this one with Hendricks though. The Lombard haters would tell you otherwise in typical hater fashion but you really don't even have to be a fan of his to see he won this fight. You just have to know MMA.

If you think Lombard beat Okami you're out of your mind

It was a close fight.hector landed some bombs.im impressed with johnys chin

Very close, but I had 1&2 Lombard, Hendricks 3.

Wasn't a huge robbery but slightly suspect.

how could any judge give hendricks that 3rd round when all he did was run away. Disgusting display of clock watching imo.

I thought Hendricks landed the better strikes and clearly took that fight. Very surprised to come on here and say Hector won. I was just watching the fight for fun and not really scoring though so I can't take a strong stance but I didn't even bother watching the decision, I was sure Hendricks had taken that.

I thought it was decent even, but those repeated knees made me lean Hendricks. I dislike Hendricks, but thought that those helped him pull it out.sigh, I love Lombard, he keeps getting so close to winning, but just misses the finish and then gets Ko'd himself or loses winnable decisions.

My opinion as well. Like both fighters, but yeah... Leaned towards Jonny.
Surprised, but I don't think nationality or Hendricks marketability(so much les than zero) played a role.

Imo, Hector won the 1st round decisively by focusing on striking, not grappling.

The rest of the fight, he wasted a lot of energy attempting takedowns against a guy like Johny. It also didn't help when he got tricked by Johny faking a right, repeatedly, and ducking under to get kneed.

Johny simply fought smarter and made the right adjustments to take the 2nd and 3rd rounds in the eyes of the judges.

Agreed, stupid gameplan for the last 2 rounds

was watching it with a few friends (all of us watch MMA at least since UFC 1) and we were divided as to who should have won. Hector was the agressor and landed, but Johnny was never in real trouble. Johnny also landed a few good ones and started to feel better in his range/striking in r3.

we were 6 people, 3 of which voted for Johnny (including myself, but just because I dont like to vote for draws), 2 for Hector and 1 draw.

so, TS, i cant say I feel Hector won, but it was very close. What I can say is that I definitely disagree with the judges who scored all 3 rounds for Johnny.

Lombard is good at finding ways to lose lolz

Back