Am I the only one bummed about ESPN getting the rights?

ESPN is a Disney company, and so much of what Disney has had their hand in of late has been turned into absolute trash.

Lucasfilm and Marvel are just pumping out the blandest generic garbage for the lowest common denominator and I am afraid the UFC will need to push out a plethora of watered down cards to meet their obligation to ESPN.
Fair concerns. Disney knows MUCH more about entertainment and sports marketing than Dana and Lorenzo did though. So it's pretty likely that they'll be smart enough to keep what works about the UFC and fix the obvious mistakes, like the overexpansion of cards and (hopefully) divisions.

The only difference for me in watching a fox card as opposed to PPV/fightpass is that the fox cards were completely ruined with commercial breaks. I don't expect that to change with ESPN.
theyve already said the espn+ cards wont have fillers and will underrun if fights finish quickly

this is the positive, those cards designed for streamers, they wont pad to fill airtime

ESPN is a Disney company, and so much of what Disney has had their hand in of late has been turned into absolute trash.

Lucasfilm and Marvel are just pumping out the blandest generic garbage for the lowest common denominator and I am afraid the UFC will need to push out a plethora of watered down cards to meet their obligation to ESPN.
I hear you.

But that’s “progress” today. UFC will become to combat sports what Avengers is to film.

ESPN or Fox didn’t matter.

What I know is this: the ESPN move is an amazing step forward for the sport, and it's going to bring a lot of fresh eyes to the product. Which means the first card on it is going to end up boring as hell, and the UFC will find little ways here and there to fuck it up in the year following

Disney owned ESPN will fumble the ball just like they have with their political insight in their sportscasts. As for the superhero movies that have been helping a neutered generation prosper, yeah they suck.

I remember the first time I saw MMA was the Showtime kick made the Sportscenter top ten and was thinking "Wow, they actually acknowledge MMA!" Never in a million years would I have thought they would make a deal with the UFC. I think it's a good thing

Maybe as a Disney Company, we will see a new Pansexual Lando-division in UFC.

It sounds like the real problem is that you are one of those dicks who thinks not liking shit that is popular (and using words like "plethora" for absolutely no reason) makes them cool/smart.

You would rather the UFC be on a second rate channel that nobody gets then have the backing of the biggest entrainment company in the world. Good call.

will Karyn Bryant stick around?

I genuinely like her and her passion for the sport as opposed to the cucks at ESPN who go through the motions

I don't see how Disney's creative liberties will affect sports. I'm happy they went to ESPN.

It sounds like the real problem is that you are one of those dicks who thinks not liking shit that is popular (and using words like "plethora" for absolutely no reason) makes them cool/smart.

You would rather the UFC be on a second rate channel that nobody gets then have the backing of the biggest entrainment company in the world. Good call.

No.

I enjoyed the Fox based Marvel franchises, X-Men and Deadpool.

How using plethora trying to be smart and cool? it's a fucking word.

I'd rather the UFC made a deal with HBO or Showtime, they've done great with Boxing imho.

*Butthurt star wars virgin complains that women & black people are in the new movies*

Nothing to see here.

ESPN handle sports very well.
It's FOX that did all the unnecessary time wasting bullshit between fights.

Um the MCU movies have been awesome.

Star Wars... so/so
TLJ was complete garbage.
TFA was good.
R1 was awesome.
Solo was fun. Not amazing but worth watching.

Fair concerns. Disney knows MUCH more about entertainment and sports marketing than Dana and Lorenzo did though. So it's pretty likely that they'll be smart enough to keep what works about the UFC and fix the obvious mistakes, like the overexpansion of cards and (hopefully) divisions.
Mickey Mouse vs Daffy Duck for the win

Chael was dumped by FS1 after his PED failure and now he's w/ESPN. Is Dana going to get Chael fired from ESPN now that UFC has the ESPN deal?

Not a fan of ESPN because of its bringing politics into sports.

However, if they dump Dominick Cruz from commentary and analysis I'll overlook the negatives.
Yep. I don’t want fk’n politics shoved down my throat when viewing sports...

Back