Alvarez has 3 split decisions and one loss in his last 5.

Gatekeepers get title shots all the time. Gus, Glover, Okami, Cote, Koscheck, Dan Hardy, Bigfoot, etc

I think you and I have different definitions of gatekeeper. Glover was ranked three or four when he got his shot. Okami was probably the top middleweight at that point not named Chael or Anderson. Koscheck was not a gatekeeper in any reasonable sense. The guy was an elite WW. Bigfoot is the same. He crushed Fedor, Reem, Browne. He's become a shell of himself since the TRT ban but he was no gatekeeper prior to that.

The Pettis fight wasn't hard to score, it was just one of those random splits. The Melendez fight is not super fresh in my mind but I kinda remember Eddie winning rd 2 and 3 without much controversy.

McGregor haters talk shit about decisions

unless his next opponent has won by decision a lot. Then, decisions are just as good as KOs!

Fucking fake Diaz fans/Mcgregor haters lmao

Good! Not to mention his "murders roll" to this ... Dennis Siver. ... Poirer. .. Chad out of shape was completly dominating Connor... and a legit KO against Aldo.. which could be very easily called a lucky punch, since Alvarez wins are all a matter of opinion..

Only fight I scored for him was the Pettis fight. He's a weak champ, which is why he's the perfect opponent for Conor.

McCanor was brutally finished by a career gatekeeper with zero training camp in 1 of his last 2
And this concludes our thread for today folks. Please exit in an orderly fashion .

Since they were both on UFC 178 I'll compare their career trajectory from then:

Since then McGregor has:

Poirier TKO.
Siver TKO.
Mendes TKO.
Aldo TKO.
Lost to Nate.
UD Nate in a 5RD war.

Alvarez has:

Lost to Cerrone.
Split Decision Pettis.
Split Decision Melendez.
TKO Dos Anjos.

Go back further and it's wins over Brandao and Holloway, Alvarez with another split of Chandler, then subbing... who the fuck are they?

He definitely Beat Pettis, I feel he lost to Gil however...and no way Gil beats Conor...just not happening.

Eddie's path to victory is takedowns and control.

Eddie fought 4 times in the UFC lw division against the top5.Earned his title shot and won the belt by ko..

How do you think Conor does against Cowboy,Gil,Pettis,RDA?

At this point his UFC legacy is literally a matter of opinion. This is his last chance for a financial hurrah.

His last TKO win before RDA was almost 4 years ago, he has a loss to Cowboy, and 3 split decisions. With the nature of splits you could reasonably argue he's only beaten RDA in 4 years (although that is stretching a lot).
That just means he uses good gameplans.
He wrestled strikers against the cage and when you expected to do with RDA< he switched up and KtfO RDA.

TBH, I was rooting against him in all his fights. But you can't deny he came up with good gameplans.

Eddie fought 4 times in the UFC lw division against the top5.Earned his title shot and won the belt by ko..

How do you think Conor does against Cowboy,Gil,Pettis,RDA?
He beats Cowboy and Gil....Pettis is 50/50, RDA idk, if he lands the LH he wins...but overall RDA's pressure may be too much.

I know you're trying your best to find some comfort there but these fighters were legit top LWs with outstanding cardio, heart, ground game/wrestling skill.

Eddie is going to make Conor look bad.
Pettis is a top tier fighter as of last year tbh .. Alvarez would get tooled by Diaz

And this concludes our thread for today folks. Please exit in an orderly fashion .

marabunta.gif

What a ridiculous thread/post.

I wonder what Conor's record would be if his last four fights were against Cowboy, Melendez, Pettis and RDA. Quite possibly 0-4.

Back